Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
We know what we've ordered, in what colour, what name it will have and hopefull arrival times but where is the first place you are going to take your UP for a wee jaunt?

Hoping when I get mine to go to the nice wee windy B road near White Adder reservoir to test it out!

Where will you take yours????

·
Registered
655 Posts
Mine will be taking me back to Devon to see family and a beach photo-shoot ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Take it literally across the road from my VW and take some photos next to the Tay bridge in Dundee, then have a wee 30 mile detour home via a town called Kirriemuir to show it off to my brother then back home, a combination of motor way and country roads to give it a good test drive!! Then probably park it and sit and play with all the gadgets in it for hours and hours :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
That is the best bit...playing with all the toys and then i plan to spend a long time cleaning it and making it super shiny!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I've never had a new car before. Will I need to wax it, or will it be ok for a few months?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Should be fine for the first month depending on the weather think what mortqueen was meaning are you gonna go for a drive and where are you planning to go?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I would wax it from the off !
then any road grime will be on the wax not on the paint!
As all the VW's come with protective film on some of the panels it will have had buff & polish to remove the adhesive so a certain amount of polish will be on it from the start!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think I will wax it ASAP....

Still no build date yet though lol. Perhaps they will let me wax the demonstrator to let me get my fix... Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts