Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy with your Up!
Next time would you buy the same again(what was it) ?
What extras would you specify ?
Is it going to be auto or Manual or BMT ?
Could this be your last UP!(would you like a Polo)?Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think for my next up! I would like maybe high up! with cruise control not blue motion and the same extras I have now m+m & sound pack

·
Registered
532 Posts
The whole point of the up means the polo is redundant, imho.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ducatikid said:
It seems that way, I have a Polo but the UP! is nearly as big, more econonical, cheaper to buy ...... You could be right !!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Derkie54 said:
ducatikid said:
It seems that way, I have a Polo but the UP! is nearly as big, more econonical, cheaper to buy ...... You could be right !!

...and the Up is more fun to drive?

·
Registered
811 Posts
And roomier for 4.....

I want an Up GT next.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Allybasher said:
And roomier for 4.....

I want an Up GT next.

That'll be a tasty motor!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've driven the 1.2 tsi polo and it's great engine, but the car feels worse in some respects and it's expensive. The up is smaller and more fun. Longer journeys then golf.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I had a diesel 1.2L Polo on loan while waiting for my Up, and the Polo is more comfortable on motorway drives, a softer suspension I think, but less fun to drive on small roads because if has a softer suspension, it sort of wallowed. I get the same mpg from the petrol Up as I got from the diesel Polo.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Would I buy another UP? Well, some days I would say yes and on others no. The main 'grumble' I have about my particular car is the build quality - or lack of.

My car has had a leaking windscreen seal, loose exterior trim due to not being fitted correctly, a fuel filler cap that is the wrong colour and door locks that rattle. My dealership fixed the windscreen leak and loose trim but claimed they could not hear any rattles or see any difference in the fuel filler cap colour.

I like the car, it's comfortable and fits my needs but the poor build quality lets it down; on a recent long journey, I was glad to get out of it due the the number of rattles that the car seems to have developed. Perhaps this is the sort of build quality that should be expected of an early example of a new model.

To summarise - like the car, disappointed with the quality and probably will not buy another.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Derkie54 said:
ducatikid said:

There is more room in the front of an UP!

I am 6' 8" and I can EASILY sit in an UP, but the Polo feels cramped...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm 6'3" and my brother too I got him to sit behind me in the showroom before I bought it :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
The main issue with the up! for me is only four seats and we do sometimes need five. So I may seriously consider a Polo 1.4 Match in Sept along with an Ibiza 1.2 FR TSi. Thing is I can have a Polo 1.4 Match with a decent discount for the same amount a month as a 5 door High up! Downside is I will loose around 5mpg and the up! does overall driver better.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Leif said:
jezyg said:
The main issue with the up! for me is only four seats and we do sometimes need five.
That might have been a clever marketing trick by VW, aim the Up at the city car and small family crowd, and leave a market for the Polo i.e. 5 seats. Just a guess.
Agree as an extra seatbelt for taking children would have fitted. Now we have three children to fit in may end up with a Polo.Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
261 Posts
luckyjimmy said:
...My car has had a leaking windscreen seal, loose exterior trim due to not being fitted correctly, a fuel filler cap that is the wrong colour and door locks that rattle. My dealership fixed the windscreen leak and loose trim but claimed they could not hear any rattles or see any difference in the fuel filler cap colour.
Sounds like a rough deal and not good to hear - maybe tempting fate with your nickname tho, next forum you join try putting 'UN' before it?? Sorry Jimmy, couldnt resist!
Hope that Im not tempting fate cos so far Ive no rattles bumps leaks or issues to report - long may it continue!
As long as VW dont 'mess' too much with any next generation Up! ( i.e. 'improved' body styling etc) as other makers seem obliged to do every few years after launch Id deffo buy another - GT looks tempting :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts