Enjoy

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Use a brilo pad on squashed insects! Thats my fav

·
Read Only
110 Posts
Never ever ever take your car through a car wash, unless it's a non-contact type, and their rare enough.Never ever ever use a sponge, micro fibre cloth or mitt only.
Use Meguiars or Autoglym products, Swiss-x if your loaded

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
do a bonkers mileage and the Dealer will valet it each service ! works for me

actually, to be serious, once you properly clean your alloys, cover them in a layer of hard wax and polish....brake dust just rinses off and they are protected! works well on classic alloys!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Wait til the car is really dirty then you will notice such a difference. I seem to remember that back in the 1960s at the motor show they put a car continuously through a car wash for the duration of the show. At the end of the show the car was down to bare metal !!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Leif said:
I cleaned the interior yesterday. I used those disposable wipes you get in supermarkets. It looks really good now, and I keep the remaining ones in a sealed bag in the glove box in case of OCD attacks.
Haha i carry a really soft artist paint brush to attack any dust that lands on the shiney dash board

·
Registered
130 Posts
Get your other half to do it & tell Him / Her what a wonderful jop they have made of it !!

·
Registered
130 Posts
oxonboxn said:
Don't let the dealer's valeters anywhere near your car, either before or after delivery...EVER!

2nd, 3rd even 4th that!!

My other half's Car even I (SWMBO) dare NOT touch it with a cloth never mind bucket of water or anything else So Dealers have no chance of washing his he even has signs he hangs in his car when it goes into the dealers saying DO NOT WAS THIS CAR

I have to follow his advice on this one, I even suspect he would like me to wear white cotton gloves to open the doors with !!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best car cleaning tip....... Don't.Clean the lights, windows and number plate .. I don't get this treating them like a precious ornament, it's a tool that depreciates whether it's shiney or not.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Each to there own !

But i just love looking at my Car after HWMO has finished cleaning it lol

Edited by: MOJO

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I just own my up! 7 months ...
I plan to let it clean by VW at first inspection after 1 year ...

Newer cleaned my Lupo during 10.5 years ...
One cleaning a month means about 10‚¬.
10‚¬ x 12 = 120‚¬ a year
10 x 120‚¬ means 1200‚¬ for 10 years ...
Adding this to the amount I got for my never cleaned Lupo (no rust!!!), I got more for my Lupo than any one else got ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
90 Posts
oxonboxn said:
Don't let the dealer's valeters anywhere near your car, either before or after delivery...EVER!
Thats what we did and I think it upset them.

Gave "Alan" a quick wash yesterday.
1) Rinse - especially underneath wheel arches and sills.
2) Snowfoam then leave for 10mins.
3) Rinse.
By which time it was half clean and still untouched.
Then
4) Gentlewash with sheepskin mittens* using two bucket method with grit gaurds, changing the water and mittens 3times during the process. (Roof, Sides then Back/Front & Sills) after first drizzling suds over the car to further loosen muck but still not physically touching the car.
5) Rinse.
6) Blowdry with Leafblower.
7) Wipedown the door shuts and the underside of the bonnet.

This morning I am googling water softeners because the water here is off the scale in terms of hardness and I have birthday money burning a hole in my pocket.

Annoyingly yesterday it was so cold and damp no "product" would have gone off , so waxxing will have to wait. Double annoyingly I have no doubt the family will take "Alan" out and get it dirty again, so I'll have to start over.

First impressions are that the VW paint is very soft (somewhere between my Nissan truck, and the wife's Ford) so I need to maintain good washing practices to avoid swirl marks.

Yes I am fully aware I how sad I am when it comes to cleaning cars. I happen to enjoy it. I have no idea why, but I just do, it brings me a lot of satisfaction!.

* I always use my newest mitten at the top of the car, then get older as I move down.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi "Jelly" My Car "shopping Trolly" as he calls it had the same treatment yesterday with exception of leaf blower dried off with Meguires Water Magnet (Use Megs Stuff. but not there snow foam to expensive)

Always use seperate wash mitt for wheels & sills & Yes the paint is soft but most new cars are today (Water Based Paint is the problem "Health & Saftey)
We have a Water Filter Filter fitted to the Garage Tap & Yes they do work NO nasty water spots anymore !

By the way did i mention i was in the house while the other half washed it
I think he does a better job anyway (That's what i always tell him
)

Edited by: MOJO

·
Registered
130 Posts
Cadfael said:
I just own my up! 7 months ...
I plan to let it clean by VW at first inspection after 1 year ...

Newer cleaned my Lupo during 10.5 years ...
One cleaning a month means about 10‚¬.
10‚¬ x 12 = 120‚¬ a year
10 x 120‚¬ means 1200‚¬ for 10 years ...
Adding this to the amount I got for my never cleaned Lupo (no rust!!!), I got more for my Lupo than any one else got ...

Hi Cadael A clean is ALWAYS Nicer to Drive & makes me feel good, you can make a point of why you should or should not clean your car, But i (Or Someone else) always keep my car clean & Shiny

It's same as wearing the same Shirt-Socks other clothing items (Will Not Go There) without cleaning them something else i DO NOT DO even body spray will not work after a couple of days.

·
Read Only
110 Posts
oxonboxn said:

Under duress from the wife I had to view a black Honda Civic prior to buying the Up! in a nearby dealers.
Nice car, a bit dark inside to say the least, but every single panel had swirl marks in the paint which showed up beautifully in the showroom lights.
Very pleasant salesman was not pleased at all, with the lost sale, and with the dealers valeter.
Brand new car, ruined in my eyes from day one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts