Up Owners Club banner

whats your MPG

7K views 67 replies 23 participants last post by  SiJ2000 
#1 ·
dont know if I top the charts, please feel free to put me in my place if you beat this,traveling to work this morning included duel carrage ways and motorways
I've done just over 500 miles and was strugeling to get past 60mpg but then almost got to 80mpgI think I would have but on the strech of road leading to work i got stuck behind a lorry doing 15mph, still not bad for a 25 min drive

Edited by: spud

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm struggling to get more than 45mpg at the moment. Admittedly, my commute is only about 3 miles a day (and yes, before you say it, I should walk but I'm lazy!). I've been trying very hard to drive according to that annoying little thing on the dash that tells me when to change up and down, so maybe this tankful will be a bit more economical!

#8 ·
the highest ive reached is only about 70, altho in total its an average of 60ish. still way better than my old polo, only used to get between 40-45 in her

#9 ·
i'm getting 64mpg on my 7 mile commute to work and back. mostly 30-40mph.. chuffed with that, as once the car is run in, I will start using 5th more as per the little display symbol. That should up it a little more too..

#11 ·
2,000km now on my up! white so now starting to keep an eye on the mpg. Without trying to drive in a savings mode I'musing 5l/100km (56mpg uk). Very pleased as my Lupo (with less hp) was using 6l/100km (47mpg uk)..!

#12 ·
I think the measurements on the cars computers are probably the most accurate as the engine controller knows exatctly how much fuel it is injecting in!

#18 ·
I'm on about 1100 miles. I'm getting better consumption around town than on the motorway. Cruising between 65 and 70 drops the consumption between 5 and 10mpg

So it's the opposite to our diesel Lupo.

The most I've got from the up so far is 420 miles to a full tank Edited by: bugbabe34

#20 ·
Reading these economy figures is great, our current Leon which we are keeing for the mo is only around 30mpg round town then 35-37 on the open road not bad for a 208Bhp petrol. Seems that my up! will be not far off 40% better!! The figure here are also within 5-10mpg of what I get out my 50cc Scooter which the up is replacing which ok is still very good at £6 for 100 miles city riding. Having almost no power means you tend to spend most of the time on full throttle which does nothing for economy......

#22 ·
Motorbikes don't have to meet such stringent emission regulations still at Euro 3 asemissionregs cost wonga to meet. The cheaper bikes tend to do away with fuel injection and complex ECU that really helps get economy down. My Scoot is all adjusted via a screwdriver in terms of the engine only bit of electronics is the CDi unit to control the upper revs and produce a spark. Like going back twenty odd years in car terms. Only upside is to fix and adjust is a DIY job with no VAG COM or the likes needed and no software to play with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.