Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've managed 68mpg on a 15 mile run. But it was quite flat though. On average I get about 64mpg going to work every day, and about 54 going home, due to traffic and uphill more. I'm really pleased with my little beauty!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't have Maps and More but I've gotten 720km out of the tank on 98 RON fuel. Which is exactly 4.9l / 100 km- it's official fuel consumption figure in Australia. That's approx 60mpg.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't get too carried away with M&M fuel consumption figures - most people seem to get at least 10% less in the real world - i.e. by doing a brim to brim test and measuring actual MPG.

I've seem mid 60s on M&M but am getting about 51 overall, including a mixed 40 mile commute. I'm happy with this - it's almost bang-on what I expected before buying the VW. I don't understand why M&M isn't more accurate though - it must use the ECU to measure the amount of fuel being fed to the injection system.

With over 13,500 on the clock, I haven't noticed any change in the fuel consumption, although most of the milage so far has been in cool/cold weather.

Small petrol engines seem to have particular difficulty getting within 20% of the Offical Government figure - this isn't just an Up! thing.

·
Registered
811 Posts
60mpg is my record, I had to really try though and I don't have the patience to make it more than a one-off. I normally get 48 - 50mpg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a VW Caddy as well, which has an mpg meter. SinceI bought it 3 years ago I've kept a log of fuel used and mileage done, and its clear that the mpg meter is always +10% on the optimistic side, so I'd be careful of trusting the M&M figures.

There are quite a lot of apps available that will keep a running total for you, just have to remember to put the figures in every time you fill up

Peter

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've used not so much for now, only 500km in total xD
But for now my record with Seat Mii is 67mpg (4.2l/km) with a 70 miles travel of which 60% on motorway at 77/80 Mph (125/130km/h) :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I commute 120 miles a day in my 3 week old Mii and I get 66 to 75 mpg for each way, best never go over 55mph or 25000 rpm and take off the pedal coming up to junctions and going down hills. Once did 67 miles on the M6 at absolute constant 50 mph as a trial and got 79mpg

·
Registered
811 Posts
wrentham said:
I commute 120 miles a day in my 3 week old Mii and I get 66 to 75 mpg for each way, best never go over 55mph or 25000 rpm and take off the pedal coming up to junctions and going down hills. Once did 67 miles on the M6 at absolute constant 50 mph as a trial and got 79mpg

Assuming you mean 2500rpm I really envy your restraint. I just don't have the patience to drive at 50mph on the motorway. As a result I get 25mpg less than that. Serves me right I suppose.

·
Registered
604 Posts
wrentham said:
forgot to ad I only use shell V high power fuel
I tried that when I first got my up but found I got better mpg with normal petrol from torq garage down the road from me

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
I only base fuel economy on distance travelled vs fill ups.

Just used up my very first tank of fuel [which was free, so just paid for my first ever fill-up], and it worked out at 350 miles for 31 litres, which equates to approximately 51MPG, which for most of the tank was in-town driving of journeys around 3 miles at a time, so I don't rate that at all bad.

First quarter of my new tank was motorway driving, so it's just dipped under 3/4 tank [indicated] with 200 miles travelled.

·
Registered
113 Posts
22,67km/L

Which works out at about 62mpg...

Motorway driving at 110km (70mph) down to Germany and back

Not bad for a 5 day old up

As for the person driving 50mph on the motorway, should be shot! You are a danger to other road users IMO... You must have many lorries overtake you which forces them over to the fast lane, and bothering other motorists...

60 mph IMO is the slowest you should drive on a motorway (if conditions allow of course) Edited by: Lee in Denmark

1 - 20 of 44 Posts