Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm working my ass off at the mo and hopefully soon i will be able to afford an Up!. I'm into modifications and so if i got one i would not keep it standard for long. I was wondering if anyone knew of any alloys similar to the MTechnica Turbos, like in the picture attached (which are 16 x 8.5, 4 x 100, +15 offset) as I have seen similar wheels but different brands, but can't find where to purchase any from.

I would be interested in either 16 or 17 inch as when I lower the suspension, i still want the car to be practical, and not scrape over every speed bump. I just want to have less of a wheel arch gap.

Also, does anyone know if the wheels would fit straight on, or would i need to mess around with it all to get them to fit

Thanks for any help! x

Ps, Im from the UK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a bit of thinking I think that the MTechica or imilar looking alloys would only look good in 15" or if the car was sat SUPER low.. instead i Have seen some rotiforms which are 17 x 8 ( As seen on DaveC's Up) does anyone know if these would fit straight on or cause any rubbing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your a huge inspiration for me when it comes to modding the UP haha, I messaged you a couple times on Instagram about it yesterday I thinks it was. It's just when I saw those wheels I instantly fell in love and have never seen any better. Like I said in my first post I like the MTechica looking wheels too but I think they would only look good in 15" and that would set me too low for practicality:/. So eventually I think I'd get the rotiforms but maybe a bigger tyre with less of a stretch, but I'd have to get advice on that. I'm working so hard at the mo trying to save up so I can buy one haha. Which model of UP is yours? (Apologies for the essay)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
No worries, and thanks again.
The stretch has never caused me an issue, just rides hard with higher pressures.
Mine is a move up ‘�

1 - 5 of 5 Posts