Up Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
VW UP! 2016/17
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I’ve very recently bought a 5 door (2016) to which I’m thinking of adding rear wheel arch liners - question is; are the rear wheel arch liners the same for 5 door models as 3 door? Looking at the ubiquitous auction site of choice, there appears to be only one type available (at about £30-£35 a piece) but with no obvious demarcation as to which model they are intended for (?)
Anyone have any recent experience of acquiring some recently?
Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really can't see them being different between the 3 and 5 door models as a different wheel well would cost more and manufactures will try to use the same parts to keep the costs down!

·
Registered
78 Posts
They are the same. I have done this a few months ago. I made full instructions with all of the parts list needed. Im more than happy to email them to you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, bit late to this thread but is there any chance I could have a set of the instructions too? I bought a 2017 3-door Seat Mii and the rain noise is starting to get on my nerves lol. Thank you for any help you can offer. @[email protected]

·
Registered
75 Posts
On this subject, any idea if dealers will fit them? They're an OEM part right? My soon to purchased Up doesn't have dealer-fit mudflaps which are pretty essential around here to reduce sill damage (country roads, full of gravel and field runoff) and I thought I might get them to fit these at the same time. 2016 TSI if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
We got them for free in with the deal on both the Mrs' Tsi, and my Gti, although whilst they fitted them to the Tsi, they wouldn't fit them to the GTi as they said it couldn't be done because of the Gti side skirts. They put them in the boot and I fitted the lot Judicious cutting them around the sideskirts added about an hour to the 20 minute fitting of the rest.
So, dealer will fit them, but no biggie if they won't. On a Tsi, it's a 20 minute for a pair job.

Reactions: kiloran

·
Registered
75 Posts
Strangely enough, the TSI I looked at today had them fitted ('16-plate), full dealer history. No mudflaps though.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I always thought that all facelift Ups had the wheelarch liners fitted ? Albeit the OP could have a very late "on the cusp" series 1 UP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts