Up Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Best to use PM, and not make email addresses public (to avoid extra junk mail)! Same with phone numbers. All needed for identity theft too.

Reactions: SeatMe

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just fitted some of these to our 5 door 2016, probably one of the last before the facelift. Thanks to Greg for the excellent instructions and parts list.
A couple of points:
I sourced the liners from a breaker, I believe a 2018 model. These had an extra piece moulded onto the liner so the brackets (1S0 810 987 9B 9 left / 1S0 810 988 9B 9 right) were not required (now sitting on the shelf). Everything appeared to fit so I did not cut extra moulding off the liners.
The liners had cut lines moulded onto the plastic that said "Pre 2016". That made the trimming job a doddle. I opted to use a jigsaw and then file to clean it up. Whatever you di it is a bit of a faff as the liner appears to have a mind of it's own at that point. The entire process took most of an afternoon.

If I had been a bit more organised I would have taken a photo of the extra bit before fitting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is interesting, having been out today, the first proper run since fitting the liners, the car is definitely quieter. So this will also be one of the reasons the 2019 TSI that had them fitted as standard is quieter other than the engine.
There is less road noise, particularly are low frequency resonance that I had previously attributed to the engine.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
They were fitted to all "face lift" Tsi's from 17 plates Mark. I think that goes for the other lesser models too, after facelift.

Reactions: markp

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Is there a way to make the details a "sticky" on the forum? Lots of people seem keen on the liners!

Reactions: RedTSi
21 - 40 of 42 Posts