Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any problems with wheel corrosion, or rather the dreaded white worm under the lacquer? And any success getting replaced/refurbed under warranty?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I've heard a set of classics started and that put me off buying, what wheels have you got?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I have had one replaced under warranty and now the other three are starting to get this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Itzben said:
I've heard a set of classics started and that put me off buying, what wheels have you got?
Got the classic wheels. Just one has corroded on the back but the other three are perfectly fine. Took it into VW and they said VW probably won't fix it. Not happy with probably, I want a defiant yes or no. He then said it was caused by the wheel centre being damaged, which there is no damage too. Will chase it up with VW customer service and give a complaint about the garage too.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
2 of my wheel centres have fallen off and after a stern phone call they couldnt replace them fast enough haha earlier post say they have wheels repaired under warranty so you need to insist on having the wheels sorted! You tell them! Because the sales man will always try bot to pay out...its in there blood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts