1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick question for those with their UP! whites already

wheel nuts.....are they proper nuts or the hex bolts some golfs have

If proper nuts, are they 17, 19 or 21mm

why... well I always yse a proper torque wrench (norbar) to fit wheel nuts and wondered if I have the right size alloy socket or wether its another quick visit to my facom dealer

tools...buy cheap, buy twice !

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.....Anyone????

·
Registered
727 Posts
Mine has normal bolts (the size I haven't checked yet) except one which is an anti-theft bolt and requires the included adapter to be removed.

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks paul, for a while in the UK, Golfs were fitted with horrible hex-key bolts that were easy to round-off...glad its real bolts now, prob 17 or 19mm ....Just so I can order the correct socket for my torque wrench.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm at work now but if nobody answers your question with the correct answer then I'll open up my wheels when I get home (in about 5 hrs) for a quick look.

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really appreciate that paul, Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ok, I can confirm it's a 17mm bolt. I took a few pictures so you'll know exactly what to expect.

As you can see my white up! has 3x 17mm bolts plus the security lock bolt (bottom right) which requires the adaptor to loosen or tighten the bolt with.

Here's a close-up of the lock-bolt.

Now a close-up with the adaptor in place.

I didn't try removing the lock bolt but from the look of the fit of the adaptor I don't think there will be any problems with it.

A tip on replacing the hub covers: Do not push them on with any great force..!! A slight and simple rotating motion as you gently push them on and you'll find they nearly jump on the wheels by themselves..!!

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perfect Paul, I'm indebted to you, that info is exactly what I needed...better buy a shielded 17mm socket now!

Thanks again

Best wishes

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts