Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the car looks better with out the trims ,also you can clean the wheels better ,
some of my friends trims have been stolen even with ties on them ,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree! Well my 5 door up! Looks better without the trims on (in my opinion anyway). Does anybody else have pictures of their up! with no trims? I'm just curious if people also prefer no trims.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ben I have taken the wheel trims of both ups ,mine are also five door ,
They look so much better without them ,also if you look at the centre of the front wheels disc ,do you have rust as
All the new ones I have seen have ,I have take my front wheels of today and painted the centres black looks
Better than looking at the rust all the time ,going to do the back ones tomorrow weather permitting ,
Was going to put alloys on but why bother ,just makes the car more expensive ,drives and looks fantastic
As it is , Regards Phill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey!
Ah yes I see it is a little rusty! Nicely spotted! I normally drive with the trims on, I just took them off while I was cleaning the car and thought it looked good so I took a photo. I might keep them off after I've got rid of the rust. Thanks for the reply by the way!
Regards Ben.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is this a 'Club Discount' thread?
2013 Move up!|Candy White|Maps&More|Weitec HiCon Coilovers|Fiat 500 Abarth 7*17 Alloys|VW Sideskirts

Hi there you have a point ,well I wasn't drunk as I don't drink in my profession ,didn't even think

No wonder their weren't many replies well I suppose someone. Could give discount on rust removal
For the centre of the wheels lol thanks for telling. Me feel a bit stupid now ,well nobody's perfect
As you do get carried away. On the forum Kind Regards Phill.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I'm willing to offer invisible hubcaps to forum members for only £25 for 4 now that is a great member discount !

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Doc, is there a quantity bulk purchase price, as I have a friend who has a pound shop....Ha Ha
Regards Phill

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Phil, I'm always open to offers....can get them by the gross ! .........err, this is just getting silly now!

·
Registered
523 Posts
During the winter I run black steelies from Nov-March by the time spring rolls around I can't wait to get my alloys back on :) I got a set of the official vw trims but think the car suits without them. Anybobdy after a set of mint trims? Lol ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
My winters are steel, defo going to run them bare this winter...well, with tyres only !

·
Registered
252 Posts
I use the Seat centre caps that are fitted to a Mii S on my winter rims.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here is a thread with a picture that shows them on a red Mii Sport 5 door

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/trims-for-steel-wheels-with-winter-tyres-mii_topic1971_page2.html?KW=Winter+wheels

1 - 16 of 16 Posts