Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The up is a great car loving driving it,this is my first
car,how long should you wait until its time to wash it!

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you did not purchase lifeshine or similar I would recommend applying a good quality wax after the first wash. Some off the shelf products contain a polish too but you won't need this on new paint just wax. It make washing and drying a breeze having a coat of good wax. If your budget is tight I can recommend poorboys wax available on eBay.

·
Registered
587 Posts
A weekly wash is always good, justremembermore damage is done in washing a car in terms of inducing scratches than anything else. Made worse by the very soft pint now used, sorecommend rinse off first then use two buckets and stay clear of Eastern European type hand car washes!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wash mine about once a week becuase the back end gets direty really quickly

·
Registered
851 Posts
I took delivery of my candy white move up on 3 November and finally gave it its first wash today, Saturday 12 January. It was resembling a black car - but now it's nearly like it was on 3 Nov, except for the tar spots!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Wash her weekly, she deserves to be clean.
Dodo juice crudzilla is good for tar spots, and as an intensive pre wash for the whole car. It does strip wax though, so don't use it every wash, only the times you intend to rewax it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts