Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on when one will be released?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Rednaxela said:
Any thoughts on when one will be released?

<table ="faqTable" width="90%" cellpaddin="0" cellspacing="0" style="margin: 20px; color: rgb36, 36, 36; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 12px; "><t><tr><td width="5%" valign="top">Q:</td><td valign="top">Why can't I find a manual for my vehicle?</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">A:</td><td valign="top" ="ecom_faqAnswer">Two possible reasons: either it's too new, or the model range doesn't have enough vehicles. We don't normally produce manuals for vehicles less than two years old. And we can't consider doing a manual until there are enough vehicles on the road for us to cover the costs of developing one of our books(including the complete teardown and rebuild costs that we do before every book, and the time/ money to author and print the books).</td></tr></t></table>

source: http://www.haynes.com/faqs#question17

·
Registered
113 Posts
I seriously doubt there would be enough people interested...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

We will have to do our own. Can someone donate their up for dissection? Hehe....

·
Registered
727 Posts
Lee in Denmark said:
I seriously doubt there would be enough people interested...

I seriously HOPE there will not be enough people interested..!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's a series of British guides on how to dismantle, replace and fix, and then (hopefully!) reassemble broken or failed components on a car. They've been going for many years (since 1956) and cover many vehicles, and have even published guides to the Vickers Supermarine Spitfire and the Avro Lancaster. The success of the manuals has enabled the founder to set-up a very good museum in Somerset.

They offer a step-by-step guide, with photos, on how to do clutch replacements, dismantle an engine or replace a blown bulb.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001

Unfortunately, whilst they've published guides in 15 languages, Italy seems to have been missed out.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Haynes manuals typically don't get published until a vehicle is at least 3 years old, as during this period manufacturers' warranties and servicing schedules still apply, and therefore the necessity for home maintenance is negligible.

There has to be a specific number of vehicles within the market for Haynes to even consider making a manual, I've owned several, not particularly obscure, vehicles that Haynes never made manuals for, as the sales figures weren't high enough over it total manufacture.

Haynes manuals themselves have historically littered with inaccuracies in any event, which resulted in the acronym of HBOL (Haynes Book Of Lies) by many. Personal experiences have included firing orders completly wrong, and listing of torque and clearances settings where the numbers given were metric, but attributed with the imperial suffix, or vice versa, so that things were either far too loose or far too tight.

There's a perfectly goof official VW workshop manual available for the up! in any case, which details pretty much anything you'd ever want to tackle yourself.

http://volkswagen.workshop-manuals.com/up/index.php

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I get to a topic on that site, it just says the address is invalid

·
Registered
583 Posts
Rednaxela said:
When I get to a topic on that site, it just says the address is invalid
The layout on that site is pretty weird .
Visited it a few times before, but I've only now found out how the site works ...

Use only the menu on the left , and keep going deeper into the menu, until you get as deep as the menu will let you - only then will it display what you were looking for, on the right part of the window.

To add to the confusion, it doesn't seem to work properly in every browser though.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Do you know which browsers work and those that don't?

Nick

·
Registered
583 Posts
On Mac OSX, it doesn't work with Camino but it will work with Safari and Chrome.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Any manuals out yet ( in English ) .Edited by: Derkie54

1 - 19 of 19 Posts