Up Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I’m interested in a certain make or model of car I begin to see them all the time. Apparently this is called the reticular activating system. It’s been almost a week since I ordered my car and I have not seen one UP GTI in and around Cheshire where I live. Come to think of it about a month ago I saw a silver car parked up 😁 in my home town of Sandbach. And I know there is a white 5dr somewhere here too. But nothing else, nada, not a sausage. Are they all in the south where there is loadsa money 😁

·
Registered
675 Posts
I visit Byley in Cheshire every Sunday Morning at around 9 am in my White Gti so if you hang around the area you might see me lol!

·
Registered
108 Posts
In the 2.5 years I've owned mine I've seen 2 in and around Bedfordshire (a black 3 door and a white 5 door), and I travel all over London and the home counties for work.

From the various Facebook, groups I was getting the impression they were all up north! :LOL:

·
Registered
392 Posts
You hardly ever see the UP GTI anywhere.

However you see loads of Minis. I see at least 4 different ones each time i go out and sometimes as many as 20

·
Registered
21 Posts
Usually its the opposite, never see any then when you decide to get one every second car seems to be not only the same model but the same colour too!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I visit Byley in Cheshire every Sunday Morning at around 9 am in my White Gti so if you hang around the area you might see me lol!
Some strange things go on in that there Byley :)

Actually my daughter was the visiting May queen there a few years back.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are still definitely not a common sight though guys.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I saw a black one at Meadowhall shopping centre car park the other week, only one I've seen in 7 years 👀

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quite a lot in and around Aberdeen.

I see 3 quite regularly, a white 68 plate, a tungsten silver 18 plate round the back of me and a black one on the way to shops.

And I know 3 people on the local VW forum too that have one!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still not seen one since I started this thread. Maybe I will when I go into town later ?

·
Registered
21MY Kings Red Up! GTI
32 Posts
Not seen another one around these parts either. The first actual one I saw was the demonstrator at the Gloucester dealership.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Still not seen one since I started this thread. Maybe I will when I go into town later ?
Maybe spotting them could become a hobby like train spotting?
I know a guy who gets aroused by spotting Eddie Stobart trucks lol.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe spotting them could become a hobby like train spotting?
I know a guy who gets aroused by spotting Eddie Stobart trucks lol.
Aroused ??
I mean I have my kinks but ...... ? :LOL:

So just got home and still nothing. And we have been out all day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A local driving school had one for while, but it appears to have vanished. I've also seen one white and one red one in the local, Poole and Bournemouth area. Maybe we should start waving or giving a friendly thumbs up to other Up GTis we see. Would be a lot less waves than I get in the VW camper.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well it seems the spell has been broken. My wife saw a tornado red 3dr this morning and I just saw a white 5dr. Although it could be the same white car I have seen before in sandbach.

did you have anything to do with this Steve?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have been out this morning for my weekly 10 mile drive to the shops and did i see another UP GTI did i, did i? wait for it............NO not a single one. Did i just get you all excited? I did see 6 new Minis the latest type though.

Anyway, loads of other drivers and those out walking will have seen my car and will be able to say to all those who would be interested, "i spotted an UP GTI today in bright red. It looked amazing and the driver was so good looking and so cool" (OK perhaps not the last part)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts