Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be looking for some waffle alloys for my move up this summer. I've done a fairly extensive google but I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere.Apart from going direct to VW does anyone know where I could buy them (unless I just get lucky on eBay!)?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been loving for some Upsilon alloys and found the same thing, direct from VW only, or hold out for a breaker so get some in!

I thought I'd get a good deal if I bought some with the car (the Take UP! has no wheels options) but all they'd give me was a 5% discount, so was over £550 for a set!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh well thats a bit of a shame then! I just remembered I had the Up accessories brochure and although the Waffle alloys aren't listed the Triangle alloys are which are in inch bigger and £126.20 per wheel without tyres! The Aspen are £94.20 a corner so I'm guessing the Waffle are somewhere in between!£550 is an awful lot of money though, I assume that includes tyres?

·
Registered
58 Posts
No tyres, they wanted another £450 for tyres!!! I was truly astonished

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a set of triangle alloys with tyres and centre caps, that I am looking to sell. They have only done about 200 miles and are as new. Looking for £650.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't bother with VW. I 'bought' a set of alloys when I bought the car, but after 6 weeks of them not turning up I called customer services and was told that there is an indefinite waiting list for buying separate alloy wheels as there are none available from stock in the uk.

I got my money back from the dealer and bought some (nicer) after market ones.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got very lucky and found a brand new set of 16" White Up! wheels + tyres on the French equivalent of Gumtree for just £350. The seller's dealer had removed them from his Up! on delivery to put 17" rims on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow £350 is an absolute steal! The classics are not my favourite but I'm sure it's would be worth looking around for some like that! I personally think the standard high up wheels looks great too! Guess I'll have to get saving!

I'm also looking at changing the gear knob and steering wheel for leather items! Shame the high ups not made in 65bhp versions for cheaper insurance!

·
Registered
251 Posts
gibsonc said:
I'm also looking at changing the gear knob and steering wheel for leather items
Yes, I regret not ticking the leather package for a nice leather wheel + gaiter. Changing them afterwards is difficult and expensive.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I managed to get a set of Upsilons with tyres for the wife's Tsi from an advert on here. I paid £350. They did need a day or two's work to get them up to scratch, but well worth it in the end.
They do come up occasionally here. Worth a "Wanted" ad.
There's a set of Triangle's on Ebay at the moment, see here, but they need a bit of work too. @ £480.
You could make a cheeky offer. Then you'd need centre caps, which are about £50 a set direct from VW

·
Registered
478 Posts
Triangles will fit, but may need a very thin spacer to clear the caliper (may not too !)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts