Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have not got my new up yet but i am going to get some new alloys for it so i can put them on as soon as I get itwhat sizes can i get and is it the standard 4 studs?
white move up thinking of white alloys or maybe black

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i would go for all black alloys, itll look great, im not sure what the spec would be tho

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Melody think this has helped I do like the black, looks really smart.All look like they have 5 studs and i dont understand the tech bits is this right?
Can someone please confirm

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ive been thinking the same, would like to fit a set of rims to my UP white. I,d like black spokes with a polished rim, maybe 17,s to fill the arch out, does anyone have any images ??

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've justwashed my new Up! White for the first time. It is the easiest car I have ever washed in my life. What surprised me was how easy it is to clean the wheels. I only used a wash mitt and a bucketful of hot water containing a little washing up liquid. The wheels on the Up! White seem to be made of enamel (probably a coating) but the muck just fell off and the chrome outer rim came up as new.

If you can afford whatever they are then "I commend them to the house"as those politicians are so fond of saying.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You should not really use washing up liquid because of the detergent contained within. Invest in an autoglym starter pack from a local car store ~ makes all the difference. Edited by: 911sse

·
Registered
315 Posts
The car is going in for a completeAuto-Glym treatment tomorrow. I didn't want it to go in looking scruffy after just one week. I couldn't see washing up liquid doing any harm. I hope not anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah aparently washing up liquid can do some harm... youll get a pack of goodies to use on it once its had the autoglym treatment!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I suppose I could have used my jet washer, but I am wary of using a jet washer anywhere near tyres.

My car goes in for an Auto-Glym treatment tomorrow and it has to be there all day. It seems they soak the seats and carpets etc. They are giving me a loan car (an Up! but I don't know which one)for the day. So that should be o.k. I will have a quick trip across to Germany in it for the day, just to use all the fuel up(joking).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, washing up liquid is bad - high salt content. Just washed mine and used AutoGlym Aqua Wax for the first time. Used lots of car products before but this is excellent stuff. Really easy to use.

·
Registered
57 Posts
washing up liquid will just strip any wax you have put on off the car. And ruin your hands if you dont wear gloves,... lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bingalau said:
I suppose I could have used my jet washer, but I am wary of using a jet washer anywhere near tyres.

My car goes in for an Auto-Glym treatment tomorrow and it has to be there all day. It seems they soak the seats and carpets etc.  They are giving me a loan car (an Up! but I don't know which one)for the day. So that should be o.k. I will have a quick trip across to Germany in it for the day, just to use all the fuel up (joking).
You mucky pup a full deep clean already, what have you been up to dear i ask. and yeah i'd stay away from jet wash aswell

1 - 15 of 15 Posts