Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am thinking of getting some alloys for the up I think 16's are the way to go but I like the sports pack wheel and the do a similar wheel with a different design but these would be 600 + tyres from VW I can get some really nice TSW Wheels for nearly half that are the any brands I should look at or stay away from

Thanks

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I think the up! would look awsome on a set of 14/15" ATS classics, or cups for that matter. Maybe BBS RMs if you want to splash out.
Dropped on little wheels, a little poke and some stretched rubber, it would look incredible!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Personally i think the wheel arches are way too big for small wheels. Even if you dropped it to scrape the asphalt on 14" or 15", the gap between wheels and tyres would be way too large for my taste - well, unless you drove on very high profile tyres

·
Registered
265 Posts
Both Seat and Skoda do black alloys that are very nice (so much so that I bought a set!). There are 15". I'm sure you be able to do something with the centre caps to VW brand them

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I deff want 16's as I think the 15 look to small I would have gone for a sport pack but did not do on the move up

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
RasmusTJ said:
Personally i think the wheel arches are way too big for small wheels. Even if you dropped it to scrape the asphalt on 14" or 15", the gap between wheels and tyres would be way too large for my taste - well, unless you drove on very high profile tyres
Do you think? I've yet to see it in honesty, but I just keep seeing them on 17s and whatnot and I think they're too big. Always been a fan of the more euro look.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had 17's on my last mini, looked great but stunted the performance, during the winter months I would pop a set 15's with winter tyres... It was like a new car! Nippy and light. I agree about the gap in arch on the up, but I'm just going to live with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts