Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get a VW luggage compartment liner for my Up.

But I'm confused about which one to get.

There's one for vehicles with the basic load surface (part: 1S0 061 160) and one for vehicles with the variable load surface (part: 1S0 061 160 A).

What do the 2 different load surfaces mean?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The take up only has a floor at the bottom of the boot as far as I know, whereas the rest have a sort of shelf thing that you can move up and down depending on what you've got in your boot. That's what the variable load surface is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

However, I keep my shelf thing at the bottom of the boot. So should I still get the liner for the variable load surface? Or just the basic load space?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The movable floor is still slightly higher than the flat floor & the supports at the side pinch some of the width so I don't think the basic load liner will fit.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi

It is confusing and not ideal

I have a high up and the boot liner designed for the variable load.
This boot liner fits perfectly when the variable load shelf is in use (half way up the boot)

When you drop the shelf to the bottom of the boot, the liner will not fit
Equally the liner designed for cars without the variable shelf will not fit at all, as the variable shelf mechanism gets in the way.

Hope this helps, there is only 1 which will fit your vehicle

·
Registered
251 Posts
kg149 said:
When you drop the shelf to the bottom of the boot, the liner will not fitEqually the liner designed for cars without the variable shelf will not fit at all, as the variable shelf mechanism gets in the way.
Uncharacteristically poor design there, Volkswagen

·
Registered
222 Posts
Are you chinese Gav that is supposed to open a pizza place at the top of my street?

·
Registered
252 Posts
UpMan said:
kg149 said:
When you drop the shelf to the bottom of the boot, the liner will not fitEqually the liner designed for cars without the variable shelf will not fit at all, as the variable shelf mechanism gets in the way.
Uncharacteristically poor design there, Volkswagen

Agreed, when the boot floor is raised, it is to make a level floor for the folded rear seats. As they are carpeted, it is silly to fit a boot liner then as only 1/3 of the flat load area will be protected.

For my Mii, I bought the Skoda Citigo liner as it is unbranded & cost less than half the price of the Seat item.

Edited by: mii al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts