Up Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all. I am new to this forum but not to the VW up! Previously owned a 13 reg up! Black special edition from new which my son now drives. Treated myself to a new 21 plate black gti. Absolutely loved the 13 reg, but love my gti even more! :)
So, have hard wired a dash cam to the 13 reg - fuse box reasonably simple & found pics on the Internet. Trying to hard wire one to my gti - different fuse box! Can anyone tell me which fuse is the cigarette lighter so we can piggy back off it please? Or recommend which one to use. A picture would be helpful. Thanks Jules

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Hubby found a thread on a Citygo forum which showed fuse layout as per my pic. They suggested 47 as blank cos got Climate Control option. But fuse location was not live.
Don't want to have to undo the hardwiring as sorted that bit! Just need a pic of fuse box to plug it in. Thanks

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
It is from the user manual of my 2019 Citigo - I was assuming the core layout and wiring loom would likely be the same for a GTi or any other facelift version of these cars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Makes sense.... Some fuse diagrams show another fuse box behind a cover on side of dash.... My 2022 doesn't have that fuse box, only one under dash and in engine bay as shown by your diagram 👍

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I think that is the original model, and not the post-facelift version.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yours has 4 20A yellow fuses. The 12V socket will be one of them I would think. Why not pull each in turn to prove which one is the socket? (ignition needs to come on as the 12V socket is switched - at least it is on mine).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts