Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after a mii. To replace my mk2 fabia vrs. And looking at specs and deals i am down to 2 choices.

seat mii sport. With safe pack. And metallic paint.
or
seat mii by mango with safe pack. Which comes with metallic paint and alcetara interior
the mango works out cheaper. But is it to girly?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If you want those seats, you have to choose the Mango.
It isn't available for any other Mii (CitiGo or up!) ...

Too "girly"?
Yes; but make it a man's car ...

Don't know the Mii expressions, but the navigation system is a Must (to my mind). Don't know if it's standard on the Mango. Be sure it's in your car. You will love it ...

I also love the "Drive Pack" (as it is called in the up!). It is much more than cruise control ...

I wouldn't care too much about this boring Mango "anti-advertising" (which might attract some young women). Maybe you finde a badge "shopping sucks" ...

I only know the German Mii Mango config system (which is good). Study the English config system ...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't think so - that "handbag hook", I'm sure can also be used to store take always.

The Mii Mangos look good and the Mango branding is pretty subtle. Plus I think most blokes wouldn't have a clue that it's a clothes shop.

They seem well specced for the price; I certainly wouldn't let the Mango association put me off one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have ordered the Nude mango as the interior looked lush. Have now seen it in the flesh and it didn't disappoint. The black is definitely more masculine as per the you tube clips.

·
Registered
252 Posts
We have a red Mii Sport 3dr with city safe & spare wheel.

Does the Mango have the front fogs as standard? According to the price list it looses the Electric Heated mirrors tooEdited by: mii al

·
Registered
149 Posts
We have a Mii in deep black metallic and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

If you order a Mii by Mango early enough (i.e. one of the first 1000 orders), you get £500 of free shopping vouchers (seriously), and a few mango goodies, which I learned a few days ago.

All Mii models are nice, but SE or ecomotive and above get a really good spec. And like Andreas says, SEAT Portable System is excellent. Also on SEAT, the dash is already built for it, so if you were buying a scondhand model without it, you can just buy the Garmin unit and plug it straight in.
But the Sport and Mango have SPS as standard anyway.

·
Registered
252 Posts
adamcadman said:
No the fogs are a £100 option. IM sure it has the heated mirrors tho..

According to the online full Mii brochure standard equipment grid page, you only get the electric mirrors if you order the Convenience Pack.

Both the Mii online brochure & the price list (accessible from the Seat website) have a * disclaimer on the standard equipment saying the Mango looses the standard electric mirrors.

http://www.seat.co.uk/content/medialib/seat/uk/downloads/brochures/july-price-list/_jcr_content/renditions/rendition.download_attachment.file/1st-july-price-list.pdf

I would check with a dealer to confirm as it does seem weird when the rest of the spec is so high & electric mirrors are even standard on an SE.

Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The special edition SEAT Mii by MANGO is the result of a tie-up between SEAT and Spanish fashion retailer MANGO. Available in two exclusive finishes (Nude and Deep Black) the car also gets satellite navigation, air conditioning, unique exterior badging, dark grey 15-inch alloy wheels, heated electric door mirrors, leather steering wheel, a leather gear knob plus specifically designed floor mats, door sills and keyfob to mark it out from other models.

also from seat web site.

·
Registered
252 Posts
adamcadman said:
The special edition SEAT Mii by MANGO is the result of a tie-up between SEAT and Spanish fashion retailer MANGO. Available in two exclusive finishes (Nude and Deep Black) the car also gets satellite navigation, air conditioning, unique exterior badging, dark grey 15-inch alloy wheels, heated electric door mirrors, leather steering wheel, a leather gear knob plus specifically designed floor mats, door sills and keyfob to mark it out from other models.

also from seat web site.

Great that 2 parts of the web site disagree!!!! Looks like dealer is only way to confirm!

PS The brochure also says the dark grey wheels are on the Nude only. The Black gets silver wheels.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not sure I would go for Nude personally. The Black looks a bit more subtle.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Timii said:
And like Andreas says, SEAT Portable System is excellent.

I've seen this said a few times on here and wonder on what basis have you come to this conclusion? The screen is very useful but the rest of it (sat nav & bluetooth phone) is miles off excellent in my experience.

·
Registered
252 Posts
TurboTomato said:
Timii said:
And like Andreas says, SEAT Portable System is excellent.

I've seen this said a few times on here and wonder on what basis have you come to this conclusion? The screen is very useful but the rest of it (sat nav & bluetooth phone) is miles off excellent in my experience.
Agreed the phone is not great, but the Nav is pretty good for a standard fit Nav. Not as good as a TomTom live, but better than the one in my 14 plate Focus. If you pay 2k extra for the BMW pro Nav it is better granted, but not really comparable. Can't think of many cars for less than 30k where you can get live traffic updates rather than just TMC.
I find a micro SD card plays very clear music when copied from iTunes, even iTunes Store purchased music. Playing music over Bluetooth not ideal though.
It's a reasonably specced trip computer too & it links to the Nav when the fuel light comes on to ask if you want to reroute via a petrol station.
All in all not bad for a city car IMHO.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd agree with that lot, hence not calling it excellent. The general UI design of the phone is terrible though. My basis for not liking the sat nav is that it's not as good as my 4 year old TomTom, let alone a smart phone with Google Navigation or Waze on it. Same goes for the hands free, not as good as either of my last 2 phones (HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S5) in car mode. Maybe I'm being unfair comparing it to a smart phone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys saw this post and thought id sign up and contribute.

I just purchased a Black seat Mii by Mango. Having been able to see both the cars together i was torn on what colour to choose and in the end went with black. While i liked the two tone interior of the 'nude' a female friend said it reminded her of foundation. Which killed it for me....So I have gone with the black and will get the wheels dipped black when i get the chance.I plan to tinker with a few other things as well: upgraded bulbs, non amber indicators, LED CANBUS DRLS, alcantara armrest, smoked tail lights and a few more touches, I will post pictures when im done if anyone likes.
For the guys out there apprehensive about the 'Girlyness factor' I was myself but the interior is finished to a really high standard and the mango accents are subtle. I also asked the dealer to have all the external mango badges removed. Hopefully it will be a little more MAN-GO than mango
I also got the mango goodies- which covers Christmas prezzies for the women in my life!

All in im pretty excited.

·
Registered
149 Posts
kemmed said:
Hey guys saw this post and thought id sign up and contribute.

I just purchased a Black seat Mii by Mango. Having been able to see both the cars together i was torn on what colour to choose and in the end went with black. While i liked the two tone interior of the 'nude' a female friend said it reminded her of foundation. Which killed it for me....So I have gone with the black and will get the wheels dipped black when i get the chance. I plan to tinker with a few other things as well: upgraded bulbs, non amber indicators, LED CANBUS DRLS, alcantara armrest, smoked tail lights and a few more touches, I will post pictures when im done if anyone likes.
For the guys out there apprehensive about the 'Girlyness factor' I was myself but the interior is finished to a really high standard and the mango accents are subtle. I also asked the dealer to have all the external mango badges removed. Hopefully it will be a little more MAN-GO than mango
I also got the mango goodies- which covers Christmas prezzies for the women in my life!

All in im pretty excited.
Good choice of colour. Enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1200 miles into my Mii sport. I wasn't sure if the Mii was too girly full stop (compared to the Citigo mainly) when I was looking at buying, the shopping bag hook on the Mango was a step too far. Went with the sport in white, had the roof, rear lights and wheels done in black to man it up, now I love it!

I found most of the add-on things were not needed for me. The sport came with the sat nav, electric and heated mirrors, electric windows, 6 speakers and hill start assist amongst others. That's all i'd want :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
jonow8,

Would you fancy posting a few pics of yours, would like to see how the black wheels and black rear lights look. Did you flyeye/spi vision themyourself or did you have a tint fitted?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi everyone
Just ordered a 5 door black mango which I will share with my girlfriend. I was worried about it looking too girly and stumbled upon this forum. We really liked the interior of the black mango version and were told that it's a mango specific (no other way of getting it). Also at the moment seat is offering a £2750.00 deposit contribution (for the mango) which beats by far any vw and skoda current offers. Just wanted to ask how are the mango owners getting along with them. I hope is not too bad as no one posted for quite a long time. Thank you very much

Edited by: edd13

1 - 20 of 27 Posts