Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maps & More offers me three routes, red, blue and green. Do these colours have any significance such as quickest, most direct, motorway, etc? I've looked in the manual and it's not at all clear. Also the image in the screen is really too small for long distances to make any meaningful choice. Recently I chose what looked like the motorway route and it took me on minor roads (needless to say I ignored it and got to the motorway following my own sense of direction). Thanks for any advice.Edited by: Royal Windsor

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The choice annoyed me too. I have mine set to give one route. Normally the quickest and most direct.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have no advice to give as yet due to lack of use and a basic unfamiliarity with the Navigon unit in our Up. My Wife, however loves it, and does not have any problems.

In our motor home I am still using an old Tom Tom, which has taken us to Spain,France and all around the Uk with the obvious common sense inputs from me....ie....I'm not going down there!!!

The choice of 3 routes does seem a bit odd to me....I just choose the quickest and then Hope!

I'm sure if I ever get to use it more all will become clear.

go well

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
On the settings menu you can activate a feature called "my routes". This will give a choice of three routes to your chosen destination and you can select the route to use. If you deselect "my routes" you are only presented with one route to your chosen destination based on your chosen preferences.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Beevee, I followed your advice in respect of a journey I have this weekend and the one route selected is indeed the preferred and most direct and quicker one via motorway.
Alan G - yes I do just tap one route. I also use Google maps to plan journeys before I leave and, yes they do give choices too, however Google maps are very clear and you can easily zoom in (on my iPad) to check the detail.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have actually found the three routes option useful. Usually gives me the option of going through Glasgow - or going round the wuieter parts of the city - which might be greater in distance but far quicker as avoids the heavier traffic.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My understanding is M&M sorts routes so that first offered are shorter routes, on faster roads, but probably with most traffic. The last route is longest one, but almost always on less busy roads. Red, green, blue (I think - too lazy to go fetch M&M outside in the car to verify).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts