Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching for some coilovers for a while now, but I have seen so many different ones and I can't decide on which ones are the best. Ideally, I would like to lower the car but keep the ride comfort. Are there any experts who can advise me on which coilovers are good? Below are some that I have found:
This is how my car currently looks with the stock suspension:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
hi
my current setup is bilstein b8 sprint short shocks on the rear with 40mm vogtland lowering springs all round. i do intend to install some uprated front shocks in the very near future too.

i managed to pick up the springs brand new for £100 and the rear shocks for just shy of £130 off ebay.

the setup is very good with good damping and ride all round,

no stupidly low and gets in and out all petrol stations without scraping

coilovers can be picked up from upwards of £50 second hand occasionally on ebay of fb marketplace in good working order.
ofcourse you can buy new coilovers too .

generally if youre looking for more lows, lowering springs work well. its good practice to upgrade the shocks too but not always required. for the lowering springs id reccomend Vogtland, Eibach and H&R lowering springs being at the top.

hope this helps?!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have used HR brand kits on my 1990 VW polo breadvan and coupe . Been very please with that brand but not had them on my up . I want the mod myself and am sure I will do it someday (y)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
H&R is a good reputable brand and would highly reccomend

1 - 4 of 4 Posts