Up Owners Club banner

Whining noise

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  hypojam 
#1 ·
Hi All
Been having a bit of back and forth with VW Dealer & VW Customer relations on this one,
My car has the usually raspy rattly sounds and rattle on start up

But whats really annoying me is a whining/whistling noise over 60mph, ive heard this is from the transmission and have driven aprox 3 other ups which make similar noises but less volume..

Just wanted to guage others thoughts on this , Am i being picky or does it sound like an issue, the noise is audible until aprox 1/3-1/2 volume on the stereo (i have soundpack too)

From 1 min on in video its more noticable

http://youtu.be/34FfR8aZ9iM

Thanks in advance for any advice guys.

James

#3 ·
Is this a design floor as such or an overlook from VW to make them this way? Just seems odd, Ive been told several times its due to it being 3 cylinder etc but that's rubbish, we have 2 citroen c1's and neither make any of the rattles and noises the up does, I'm suprised VW have gotten it so wrong?

#7 ·
Hi regarding you're noises on the motorway etc you only get what you pay for
it's just a small three pot job.what do you expect.i myself don't get noise like you are
saying mine is not bad but I would expect some sort of noises for the price.also
expensive cars still have their share of problems.but the basic price of the up is
only about £6000 plus vat so that's not expensive for sutch a lovely car don't you think
I would just turn your music up and enjoy your pride and joy
Regards phill.š—š—

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.