Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Buying a new up! soon, but was just wondering what colour people would go for, white or black?
Both look great but is there any down sides of either colour?

cheers :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey, I think I'd choose black, 1st white seems to be the in colour and has been for a while so soon I reckon it will be the out colour soon (personal thought) 2nd a pals got a white audi and its covered in black dots at the front and back where stones and grit have chipped his paint and 3rd white shows all the dirt!

But black, some people say shows just as much dirt!

But saying that white does look brill all waxed up and clean but then again so does black, hmmm difficult 1!

Are you buying the white/black edition? If your buying say a move up! I'd probs choose white because it's cheaper than paying for the black paint and if your doing that then perhaps consider the light blue like mine lol looks white some days, and looks blue other days!

when do you think you'll be ordering?

·
Registered
462 Posts
We went white and it really does show the dirt this time of year however in the summer won't show the dirt as bad as black

To be honest I think it depends on the model you go for there is a grey car on here with the black wheels and that looks awesome! But what ever colour you go for you will love it !

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Are you buying the white/black edition? If your buying say a move up! I'd probs choose white because it's cheaper than paying for the black paint
White isn't a free colour anymore. It's £200 extra.
Personal choice really! I like white, just looks classy. Black can look good too.
Neither really has any great advantage over the other.
Just comes down to aesthetics.

·
Registered
851 Posts
One point to note is that if you buy an up white then that is a pure white whereas if you buy any other model and specify white, then you will get candy white which is a more creamy white. Personally, I prefer creamy whites and was lucky enough to order my candy white up when candy white was still free.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Davec86 said:
Are you buying the white/black edition? If your buying say a move up! I'd probs choose white because it's cheaper than paying for the black paint
White isn't a free colour anymore. It's £200 extra.
Personal choice really! I like white, just looks classy. Black can look good too.
Neither really has any great advantage over the other.
Just comes down to aesthetics.
But the blacks £450, so £200 cheaper and the light blue is free and looks white!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've wanted (and got) a white one, mostly for practical reasons: interior heats up less in summer and car is somewhat easier to notice to other drivers in bad weather. And it looks modern, I call mine Enterprise, because of the remotely similar color sheme, it fires a laser, has lots of blinking lights and I can take the tricorder with me when I go on an away mission...

For overall esthetics, though, subjectively, black looks a bit better.

Edited by: ptae2000e

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Ah, didn't realise black was £450! What a joke!
I'm happy with my white, and despite the fact that it's a flat colour and not the pure white, I think it's looks very crisp and clean, and no doubts will look even better once it's had a proper wax :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
I went for white this time since my last car was black. This car looked really nice when it was clean and polished but you could see every crumb of dirt on it. White does not suffer from this problem surprisingly. So, for me, white is my preferred colour. Tornado red would be my second choice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I could not decide between the black or white, so I went Tornado Red
My girlfriend suggested to style it like a strawberry, but that will never happen as long as I'm alive

Nearly all up!'s I see here are white, with black as the second most popular color - so I wanted something different and lively looking to brighten up my mood during long dark Norwegian winters :)
I wish it was available in "Kia Picanto green" or even better, "Toyota IQ purple".

If I had to choose between white and black, I would probably go white. Had black cars in the past andscratches will show very well compared to lighter colors.I think silver is the best to hide both scratches and dirt, but in my opinion it looks dull compared to all the other available colors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just love the idea of styling it like a strawberry...Or how about like a ladybug, that would be totally awesome!

Cred to your girlfriend for even being interested in your obsession with this tiny car.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I've seen loads of white ones on the road and only one other black. I think the poll on here suggests white are far more common or popular (however you like to call it)

Black is a nightmare to keep clean, I would think white would show the dirt less (weird I know). White wouldn't show paint swirls and stone chips as much.

But I prefer black clearly and put up with the pitfalls Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
397 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
I've seen loads of white ones on the road and only one other black. I think the poll on here suggests white are far more common or popular (however you like to call it)

Black is a nightmare to keep clean, I would think white would show the dirt less (weird I know).
One of the best colours for least showing the dirt is SILVER - but they've had their day! "White became the new Silver" ... black has joined that accolade. (I can remember the time when black was the ONLY colour (Morris 10, 1950).

The Demo up! I had was White. Inspected it before I left the Dealer - all nice and clean. Got home (1 mile and in the rain) and the back of the car and the bottom of the doors etc looked horrible!

At the end of the day, it could be a matter of how long before - - - - - - (fill in your own idea on the next popular colour) becomes the new Black/White? My choice of external colour was governed by the colour of the seats available with that colour.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts