Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girlfriend sent me a text today to say she got a nice wave from another white up in Fernhurst in surrey around 2pm today

·
Registered
261 Posts
Strange that I hardly ever saw another Up! (I thought that they were rather scarce on the ground & quite liked the idea of exclusivity) until I took delivery... today's count was 1 red, 3 whites & 1 black all in the space of 10 miles! Anyone else noticed that?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I always wave at Ups and get blank looks in return. My hope is to encounter one of you fine people and get a wave back.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Humph ... well our moot post re an official Forum wave seems to have been 'lost' somehow >.<
I got a reaction & big smile as I pulled up next to a Red Take at a roundabout up t'other day tho.
Nowt apart from 'why is he waving?' blank looks from the rest of the spots since :(
Decided to change wave to a
- surely nobody can find that offensive or misconstrue it eh?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've seen a few Ups! now and given a wave or the "U" as described on the other thread, and just got blank looks or they just ignored me. It's not going to stop me though, because hopefully I'll be fortunate enough to get a wave from somebody. I think it's a nice gesture. I'll carry on doing the "U" wave as was suggested on the other thread. I look forward to getting one back!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ive had more luck using a
to the other Up! drivers score so far :- 3 waved back/smiled ... 5 total blank

Also spotted a White Move Up! in Floro, Norway on Thursday evening :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm definitely seeing more and more. I was in York last week over Easter and saw two black ups next to each other in the parking lot. Also seen a white up near my Nan's house, not to mention seeing another forum user here going into work at Birmingham Uni in their white up!.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I pass a black High Up every day and always wave with no response. Yesterday I tried the U wave. From the look I got you'd have thought I was waving a halibut at her.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I pass a black High Up every day and always wave with no response. Yesterday I tried the U wave. From the look I got you'd have thought I was waving a halibut at her.

LOL! Hi allybasher. I've had the same response myself. Anyone would think you were flicking the v's sometimes!
As I said though, it's not going to stop me waving though, just incase I see one of you guys. Up! with the revolution!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts