Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Well hopefully we pick up our white move Up! On Wednesday and I can't get the idea of red steel wheels and white wall tyres out of my head.
So first question is, Looking at the accessories catalogue it says the centre caps on the alloys "fit all up! wheels" does this include the steelies? Second question, does anyone have a pipicture of the steel wheels without hub caps on? And does anyone have any experience with whitewall flaps? Fanar fanar! I've seen around and they seem the best and cost effective solution (£50 for a set), just worrying about fitting them.
Suppose it would be rude not to lower it slightly after, but I'm sure there's a few threads about that elsewhere.
Cheers Rossrocks

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
No, the centre caps won't fit steel wheels, and I would strongly suggest you stay away from whitewall flaps.

They can damage the tyre underneath, they buckle and look horrible after a while, especially if you happen to nudge a curb with them, andunlessyou get thempreciselyseated, they'll fly off the first time you go around a corner.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance but wtf is a whitewall flap?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Ahh...just googled them.....white frisbees you stick on the tyre.....err, bad idea methinks

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mii S centre caps fit the up, have a Seat logo that would need to be removed, but could be painted up and a VW badge applied. The come as black plastic about £6 each.

·
Registered
142 Posts
A few of my mates use the on their vw's. the trick is finding a good tyre shop who can fit them than they will be fine, you can buy the tyre white paint but fades badly in the sun after a month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts