Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<strong id="yui_3_9_1_11_1382822284502_425">Found this list of manufacturers... Showing which company owns who... Bit of an eye opener for some of these...[/b]Lots of peoplewon't buy a car because its acertain make, will be another... but this Car then could turn out to be owned by the manufacturer you hate...BMWowns:Mini andRolls Royce.Fiat owns:Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge,Ferrari, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, and Ram.<strong id="yui_3_9_1_11_1382822284502_432">Ford Motor Companyowns:[/b]Lincoln and a small stake in Mazda.General Motors owns:Buick, Cadillac,Chevrolet, and GMC.GMowns a controlling interest in Daewoo, as well as Opel and Vauxhall in Europe and Holden in Australia. (The U.S. government also owns a stake in GM.)Hondaowns:Acura.Hyundai owns:Kia.Tata Motors (India) owns:Jaguar and Land Rover.Mazdais independently owned.Mitsubishiis independently owned.Daimler AG owns:Mercedes-Benzand Smart.<strong id="yui_3_9_1_11_1382822284502_441">Nissanowns:[/b]Infiniti. (Nissan, in turn, is owned by Renault.)Saabis owned byNational Electric Vehicle Sweden(NEVS).Subaru:Owned byFuji Heavy IndustrieswithToyotaa minority partner.Tesla:Toyota is a minority partner. Partnership with Daimler AGToyota Motor Company owns:Lexus, Scion, Daihatsu andHino Motors, with a stake in Fuji Industries (Subaru's parent company) and Isuzu.Volkswagen owns:Audi, Bentley, Bugatti,Lamborghini, Porsche, and overseas-brands SEAT and Skoda.Volvois owned by Chinese-automakerZhejiang Geely Holding Group, aka Geely.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thought Saab was owned by Stryker Cars.

As for Hyundai owning Kia, that surprised me - even though they share design, chassis and many other components.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I thought FORD owned....Jaguar, mazda, land/range rover?

I know nissan use renault engines in their vans not sure about their cars?

And soon there with only be two major headquarter for every brand of car???

GM

and
Ford

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
957 Posts
Don't forget the 2 English brands Aston Martin and Morgan who are not owned by other lafge auto companies although Aston is going into a partnership with Mercedes for the development of new engines so Mercedes will no doubt take a stake in Aston.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Derkie54 said:
Don't forget the 2 English brands Aston Martin and Morgan who are not owned by other lafge auto companies although Aston is going into a partnership with Mercedes for the development of new engines so Mercedes will no doubt take a stake in Aston.
Ford sold Aston Martin to Dave Richards at Prodrive.

·
Registered
438 Posts
gary02tdi said:

GM

and
Ford 
Ford got rid of land rover and jaguar when they were in financial trouble. They're Indian now.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Scrubnut said:
gary02tdi said:

GM

and
Ford 
Ford got rid of land rover and jaguar when they were in financial trouble. They're Indian now.
Tata are massive, they've been pretty good for jag landrover, they have let the designers and engineers over here get on with it and they're producing good cars that are in demand.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Renault have a big stake in Nissan. PSA owns Peugeot and Citroen. VAG now own Ducatti. BMW holds the rights to Rover related brands ie Austin, Leyland, gained them when it bought Rover and held onto the naming rights.

·
Registered
957 Posts
No one owns Honda and Honda don't own any other manufacturers.
Acura is the luxury division of Honda, these are sold mainly in the United States and Canada but not the UK.

The CRV, Civic & Jazz are made at Swindon in the UK

They are the worlds biggest manufacturer of internal combustion engines.
(cars, planes, motorbikes, generators, lawnmowers & marine) more than 14 million a year !Edited by: Derkie54

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Derkie54 said:
No one owns Honda and Honda don't own any other manufacturers.
Acura is the luxury division of Honda, these are sold mainly in the United States and Canada but not the UK.
The same as Nissan/Infiniti and Toyota/Lexus/Scion. The same company, just different 'brands' for different market sectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts