Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is for anyone who has an up! with the sports pack or 16" alloys only!

I am parting company with the tyres on my baby. I have Bridgestone's at the moment in 185/50/16 straight from the factory and only used for the first 800miles. If anyone out their has 16's and is looking to change and can make me a sensible offer I would be interested! I have my new tyres arriving in two weeks if anyone is interested :)

Thanks

Mark

Edited by: MarkyMark

·
Registered
727 Posts
MarkyMark said:
I have my new tyres arriving in two weeks if anyone is interested
Are you replacing your rims as well or just the tires? Curious to as what you're changing to.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Is this the weirdest post yet?

What job do you have that means you must have Continental tyres?

(I assume the obvious answer is 'I work for Continental' but still I have to ask)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I wouldn't class the offer of my tyres that strange!! It is up! related and may well be of interest to someone
And bravo for guessing correctly if you look at my many previous posts!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not seen 'em but it wasn't exactly Columbo territory!

Did someone grass you up at work! Seems odd that you've(?) done 800 miles on them and another two weeks of driving with them on before getting the new Conti ones. Pity really as Bridgestone do really good tyres

Granted it is relevant to the forum and no doubt someone will be interested. Hope you get that sale.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I've had the car a month and been using it so haven't got around to ordering the replacements! Fingers crossed I find a taker ;) Edited by: MarkyMark

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you are a Conti fan
I can confirm that the ContiPremiumContact 2 is the tyre available for the up! and is the best fit for the car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
MarkyMark said:
I can confirm that the ContiPremiumContact 2 is the tyre available for the up! and is the best fit for the car.
I had those on my Lupo and loved them, great summer tires. For winter I used Vredestein Snowtrac 3, they sing a little in rain and slush but they were the best snow & ice tire I ever had and will be buying another set of them for the up! later this year.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I had the ContiPremiumContact 2 on my Clio and they were very good - lots of grip and were very quiet.

Coincidentally (vwild1), I have a set of the excellent Snowtrac 3 tyres which I found were great- I've used them for two winters. It is definately an advantage having these on the car over the winter months, even if it does not snow.

I was hoping to fit these to my Up thiswinter but, sincethey are 15" in diameter, I will have to buy new VWcompatible wheels; none of the standard (steel)wheels on the Up range are the right size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts