Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has racked up over 20,000km (12,500 miles) since october last year. Is there anyone out there with mega miles? Maybe the club can send a free sticker to the first person to hit 100,000

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've got 18,000 miles but split over 2 Ups. I suppose that's cheating.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Allybasher said:
I've got 18,000 miles but split over 2 Ups. I suppose that's cheating.
of which 4000 going forwards and backwards to remove a stone from your calliper :) sorry couldn't resist :) should be getting mine in weeks and I will be clocking 25-30000km a year..

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Do I have the least? 2700 miles over 12 months.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The backwards and forwards cancelled each other out so that's ok

Random thought there, what would the odometer do if I drove 10 miles backwards? Would it add the miles, subtract them or do nothing? I'm sure that I could look it up but where's the fun in that!?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Rednaxela said:
Do I have the least? 2700 miles over 12 months.

My wife's last car (before the Take Up) was a VW Fox. I didn't like that so it didn't get driven much. That did 4000 miles in 2 years. I can't resist the Up though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Allybasher said:
Random thought there, what would the odometer do if I drove 10 miles backwards? Would it add the miles, subtract them or do nothing? I'm sure that I could look it up but where's the fun in that!?
I think that on an older car it would go backwards, but I assume on modern cars it will still go up as the odometer should measure the distance that the engine has moved the car. I may be wrong though!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Who volunteers to try? My neighbours already think I'm mad after spending yesterday morning driving backwards and forwards up the road.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
My aunty bought a fiesta when she in 2001, it had 4000 miles on the clock when I bought it off her last year it had 12000 miles on the clock I think that could be a record lol 13-14 miles per week! But it wasnt an up! So doesnt count. This may be daft but I sometimes see camper vans pulling a small ar behind it maybe a panda or c1, obviously the little cars engine isnt on but all wheels are turning so does the mileage on them go up?

·
Registered
957 Posts
For all those with high mileage UP!s.
What are they like now, is the engine/gearbox still performing ok.......... any changes noticed in the little car !!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've often wondered that myself. I always thought that the odometer is driven from the gearbox so if the front wheels are off the ground the miles won't register but sometimes they are on A frame towbar when I'd have thought that they will. More questions than answers this morning, sorry...

Even so, you could buy a secondhand Smart showing 3,000 miles but the transmission has done 40,000.

Occasionally I stick to the topic in hand. I am like that in real life too.

Edited by: Allybasher

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
19000 in 9 months on our 3 door and 10000 in 7 months on the 5 door

All running fine so far

·
Registered
727 Posts
Mine just hit the one year mark and has chalked up a total of 10,250km. Would have been more if it wasn't for the fact that my up! was parked for over 5 months while I waited to have cataract surgery on both eyes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
6800km since beginning of march, 46km a day to work and home.

·
Registered
15 Posts
27000 miles since May last year! Still loving it and it does just seem to get better with age

1 - 20 of 22 Posts