·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good luck to anyone who is brave enough to try this! Just need someone to start selling the modified parts to avoid all that cutting, shaping and sanding. Screen looks good, HVAC controls not so much so.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Fandabidozi. A few years ago I would have tried that just for the sheer **** of it. Too old and too anal now!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I want is a facelift single din fascia....not much to ask, especially with the new crop of 'floating' screen head units .......double din would be mental for the diy'er!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd just be happy with a single DIN option to include Android Auto......basically ANYTHING but the Maps+More unit on my pre-facelift Up.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reddeviluk, there are several single din units out there that will fit the bill, both floating screen and folding screen.....easy fit on a pre-facelift car.......only thing stopping me is mine is post-facelift and no fascia adapter is currently available. If I were you, I’d have the alpine 9” unit in a heartbeat

·
Registered
60 Posts
Reddeviluk, there are several single din units out there that will fit the bill, both floating screen and folding screen.....easy fit on a pre-facelift car.......only thing stopping me is mine is post-facelift and no fascia adapter is currently available. If I were you, I’d have the alpine 9” unit in a heartbeat

I was looking at something a little more... Budget...lol

I only have a base model, so 2 speakers and don't actually listen to music, only podcasts generally.

So blowing £600 on an all bells and whistles unit that I simply wouldn't do justice to seems a shame.

Only after Android Auto, Bluetooth streaming and hands free...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
129 Posts
A lot of work to fitting a double DIN unit but those are fantastic instructions, very detailed. Id say if you were meticulous a weekend would have that fitted.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Other 1 din units

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are the single DIN models you have linked not going to interfere with the heater controls?
It would be a pain having to switch the stereo off and retract the screen every time you need to make an adjustment to the heating - or am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, that’s why the alpine halo 9 is so good, you can set the screen really low

·
Registered
60 Posts
It looks like the linked Pioneer SPH-EVO62DAB-UNI also allows you to drop the screen in height, small screen though at less than 7".

Halfords do it fully fitted for £519.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts