Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking why don't we start a poll indicating what UP owners would be prepared to pay. I've know doubt that VW PR guys will be reviewing this site anyway, so lets have a go! Whose the poll expert then?

For me max price I would pay is £12,500- £13,000 it's a hot hatch not a pocket rocket after all .

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Are we talking about the gt?

Base price I'd pay £13000 + accessories

·
Registered
438 Posts
Itzben said:

I think it will be more. Wouldn't be surprised if it was £14k plus extras

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Scrubnut said:
Itzben said:

Ye but we are telling Vw what we will pay lol so maybe I'm going to reduce mine down to £10000 + accessories!! I hope your listening Vw

·
Registered
438 Posts
Itzben said:
Scrubnut said:
Itzben said:

Ye but we are telling Vw what we will pay lol so maybe I'm going to reduce mine down to £10000 + accessories!! I hope your listening Vw
Ok I bid £7950

·
Registered
430 Posts
The estimated price for the GT is about £13000 according to auto express. Sounds about right but I would not pay that for an UP as much as I love mine. I'd consider £11000 if you area listening VW

·
Registered
44 Posts
How about £10 000 as long as they give a £2000 discount so making it £8000 lolI was looking back at some old prices of cars years ago. A new Jaguar E Type was around £2000.An Aston Martin £4000,and a Rolls Royce £6000. Of course wages were 50P a week.

I still think prices are crazy today.I bought my Smart new in 2009 for a discounted price of £8500.The same car today costs £11600. If the UP GT is going to cost £14 000 it will have to compete with the Mini Cooper,Abarth 500,and the Mazda MX5. The best bargain as long as you only need 2 seats is the Mazda MX5.£18 000 list price,but the Internet Brokers are giving £4000 discount.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
How does the up compete with the mazda mx5? Surely its a completely different car range?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Instead of a poll, we should have a sweepstake with the person getting closest to the standard list price winning a fully-loaded GT funded by VW!!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
A Mini Cooper has to have a Pepper or Chilli pack on if you're ever going to sell it in which case you're looking at £16k without any toys. I paid £22k for mine!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would want £1000 discount on the Mini,or i would get the Mini One which costs less in the first place even with the Pepper pack. I have also seen a few pre reg on offer for £12 000.
As for the MX5,of course it is a different car,but as i said if you do not need the extra seats and it would be the same price as the UP GT or any other car, discounted for around £14 000, then its a great buy.

I do not need 4 seats so i compare lots of cars all different types around the same price,2 seats or 4, new sports carsand hatches,and used cars such as BMW 3 series,Mercedes C Class,Jaguar XF,etc.I have driven just about every car made when i worked at the car auction,and i have owned all types of cars from sports cars to the Rover Mini,and from a Jaguar XJ6 to a Smart.I am always open minded.

Edited by: SMART EXAMINER

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm sticking with £14k.

It's obviously going to be the top range model for the UP, although what extras will be added as standard and what one will be able to buy as an addition will factor into that (pretty much an unknown although we can have some good guesses).

A rock up is already £13k, so you have to assume it will be more expensive than that.

Interestingly though, if you go onto the VW site where you can scroll through the models, after the rock up there's some broken links for what looks like a new model. It could just be that the site has gone a little haywire using my ipad, but its interesting to see. When I was looking to buy my up, there was nothing next to the UP White! Which was the last model.

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's not there when I just looked - MacBook and Safari.

Nick

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I suppose the price depends on the competition and the sales model. Too expensive, and the Mini competes. Do they want to sell lots, and make a modest profit? Or sell less and make more profit per unit sold? My guess is that they want to sell lots. I wonder how much extra it costs to produce the new engine?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts