1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the biggest disappointments when ordering my up! Was the
lack of DAB radio. As it is classed as a budget car I can understand not
fitting it as standard but it should be offered as an option (or standard
fitment on the up! Black /White)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I currently have a PURE portable unit fitted to my Smart which
I could retrofit into the up! But I would have much preferred a built-in unit.
They offer DAB in other VW's (even my brothers Vauxhall Astra has it fitted) so
why not the up!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I hadn't even thought about it, but your're right, it's silly they haven't even got it as an option?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Was never much of a grate on me seen as there are so many other options for audio input such as an AUX, M&M SD Card etc, but I can see why you might want one!
Maybe it is something that will be added in the GT?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wanted a DAB radio in myUP also.Was dispointed that it was not option.I have aclarity cdab7in our meriva with a external aerial which works very well.I have brought a cheap portable hand held dab radio from tesco and long aux lead which is also acts as a aerial for my UP.This works ok not as good as clarity thou.I have heard that we lose the FM signal in few years time ?
<table id="tdcell1" ="-1" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="750">

<t>
<tr>
<td style='padding-right: 15px; padding-left: 15px; -: "/uploaded_s/middle.gif"; -repeat: repeat-y;' ="textstyletwo" width="750">

</td></tr>
<tr>
<td style='-: "/uploaded_s/bottom.gif"; -repeat: no-repeat;' ="textstyletwo" height="14" width="750">
</td></tr></t>
</table>

·
Registered
56 Posts
HAZZA55 said:
I wanted a DAB radio in my UP also.Was dispointed that it was not option.I have a clarity cdab7 in our meriva with a external aerial which works very well.I have brought a cheap portable hand held dab radio from tesco and long aux lead which is also acts as a aerial for my UP.This works ok not as good as clarity thou.I have heard that we lose the FM signal in few years time ?
<table id="tdcell1" ="-1" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="750">

<t>
<tr>
<td style='padding-right: 15px; padding-left: 15px; -: "/uploaded_s/middle.gif"; -repeat: repeat-y;' ="textstyletwo" width="750">

<font style="color: rgb0, 0, 255;" ="ingstyletwo"> </td></tr>
<tr>
<td style='-: "/uploaded_s/bottom.gif"; -repeat: no-repeat;' ="textstyletwo" height="14" width="750">
</td></tr></t>
</table>
Unlike TVs where analogue can easily be phased out because a digital box can be simply plugged in, the problem with radio is the 30m+ vehicles which do not have DAB radios fitted. If there is an aspiration to switch over to digital radio and reallocate the current analogue bandwidth then something has to be about this. At the very least the govt should have introduced legislation years ago to enforce manufactures to fit DAB radios on new cars as standard. How much would a DAB unit cost over and above AM/FM - £20?

I can't ever see analogue radio being switched off :/

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i doubt they will switch of analogue radio either, like you say would be near impossible!

would be nice to have the choice tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts