Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come along people, somebody please spot me. I'm feeling left out and my little up is ever so shiny...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Elfy said:
Was at sea palling, Yarmouth, and Cromer for three days this week! Saw a few ups around there!
I was there recently and saw quite a few too! I think they're getting much more popular.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yay, perhaps I was spotted then.. I don't see many ups round here. just one or two.

·
Registered
957 Posts
If anyone drives along the A417 between Gloucester and Swindon they will see me.
I have spotted several UP's on my way to and from work........go on and give us a wave !!Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not being rude but that was the A419 on 21st July when I to the Air Tattoo at Fairford !!Edited by: AGE1950

·
Registered
957 Posts
AGE1950 said:
Not being rude but that was the A419 on 21st July when I to the Air Tattoo at Fairford !!
Yes thats the road I hope you enjoyed the Air Tattoo.
That would have been on a Sunday so I would not have been on the A417/419 then.
Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw another Tornado Red Up! on my way to work this morning. We passed ona B road so we were only doing 40 mph. I do the done thing and flash my lights. As we passed oneanother I gave a thumbs up and gestured by way of pointing between the two carslike,look, we both have the same car and gave a broad smile. The driver just looked at me completely bemused as we passed.What a waste of time that was. Come on Up! owners, get with the programme and be ready to wave, grin or flash your lights. Morris Minor owners manage it!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Quite right Wenders and so did MG Midget owners.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wenders said:
I saw another Tornado Red Up! on my way to work this morning. The driver just looked at me completely bemused as we passed. 

Same car and county...but not guilty Madam.I would have waved like mad! and being the nice guy I am.....and retired, I let all you younger folks go to work before I venture out

In fact I expect I was still asleep!

Go well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Years ago MGB and TR6 drivers waved to each other.
Smart car drivers waved to each other when they first came out,but today no one waves beacuse there are so many around. You would be waving all day like the Queen.
I have been in London for a few days and only counted 4 UPs,however i stopped counting Smarts when i got to 50.They are everywhere.There are loads in Manchester as well,but nothing compared to London.

The only group of people who still wave or nod to each other are bikers, Bus Tram and Train Drivers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts