Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, just to start photos wont go up until the next couple of days, but those of you on facebook can see them already....

So yesterday I collected my lovely new up! spend the whole morning with my brother taking my good radio and the alloys off my polo which went in for part exchange... I'm gonna miss her she has done me well!

So on my way to the dealers I passed another up, it was a black take up! first black one Ive seen out and about.

Arrived at the dealers early and could see her sat outside in the sun, gleaming away, and my brother laughed at me because he said my face just lit up! so had a tiny wait as my dealer was talking to other people and like I said we were early!

Then the dealer did his thing went through all the paper work, at the end of all the paper work the on duty manager came up with a big bottle of very nice champgne, which was a lovely gesture :)

He then went around the car checking it was ok with me, having had a vw before everything is where it should be! So didnt take me long to get to know her. He offered to take her for a drive with me, but I decided I wanted to take her home and drive her all myself :) I did let my brother have a very quick drive on the journey home! lol

So she only had 9 miles on the clock when I picked her up and having just got back today, drove onto the drive and its 109! Ive already done 109 miles... and she is amazing, IM IN LOVE! haha! Apart from me accidently crunching the gears once (tried to put her into reverse whilst driving - DOH) she drives like a dream. the clutch is very different and brakes but I havent had a problem with the change. Dont find her noisy at all, in fact I'm still getting used to how quiet she is compared to my polo!! Taken her upto 70mph today, took it in her stride, althogh I must say its hard to speed in her, but in my case thats a good thing! lol

Had a few friends over last night for a gathering, which I was going to cook for them and they all said no we should go get take away so we can take my car out! so we did, they loved her, getting 2 adult ladies in the back comfortably was fine, and one of them is 6ft tall and she had plenty of leg room! Today had to take my college friends out for a drive, who also all loved it, really impressed with it and one of them is a HUGE vw fan. on the way back to the car after getting food came back to 2 seperate people taking photos of her and they were impressed, had a little talk with them, the red dash caught their eye!

Also within minutes of arriving home with her for the first time, had 2 lots of neighbour round to look at her! haha!

So far as I'm sure you can tell the anticipation more than lives up to actually getting my up! On a last note, I was going to call her Red, for obvious reasons... however now I have her, her number plate ends in PXE... so she is now called PIXIE!!! :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
So glad you love your car....
love the name.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yapmaul said:
You are so lucky willowaz! It's good to know that the day WILL come . . . Eventually!
thanks and yes your day WILL come soon, you just need patience.

and thanks I love its new name too!

and I promise to put pics up asap!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Gemma, I hate you even more now. Not only have you got your little Pixie (excellent name by the way) but your totally enthusiastic and genuinely passionate review prove what a lovely car this is and I still don't have mine

Totally joking about the hate bit obviously. I'm so chuffed for you but this final wait is really killing me. I know Boomer should arrive within the next week or so but I've heard NOTHING so I've no idea where he is or how close I am to getting him.

Can't wait to see the pics of Pixie, it was really weird yesterday, having a totally willowaz free forum day, you were definitely conspicuous by your absence, for obvious reasons of course

·
Registered
198 Posts
Gemma

Glad you like Pixie, look forward to the pics, have fun. I have now covered 550 miles and my 20 mile journey to work yesterday averaged 70mpg according m&m (least amount of traffic is usually a Friday)

Hopefully you have this long weekend off to enjoy Pixie

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Pixie at the dealers....

New and shiney!! (can just see my old polo silver 2 cars down...)

Inside...

The spoke wheels... with continental tyres...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Half open sunroof...

Red dash...

Very clean engine...

Pixies bottom!...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

All red and cornsilk interior...

Pixie at home...

more photos to be taken and uploaded soon when better weather and interior lit up :) hope you all like her!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts