Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked it!

But what do you think...are they a good idea, practical and handy. But are they an ugly addition to your car?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
On a black car, I personally think they look cool. Im looking to get some.

You can't have the window open when it's been raining or when it is raining as you get a bit wet
And obviously the sunroof open is a no no when it's wet

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to get them! I have gone with Waterwagens as you get free delivery!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The blacker the better in my opinion. I was a bit worried that the waterwages ones looked more smoked than actual black like the VW ones

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Might just be the photos, I have yet to confirm this

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have just fitted a pair to my up black and they look great, they are of a darker tint than vw's version but are not black black as that would cause a nasty blind spot.Cheers

·
Registered
705 Posts
They don't look too shabby on a light blue one, either.

Nick

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anyone havering problems with a noise coming from the drivers side window with these fitted and open only slightly like a rattle noise? Doesn't happen on passenger side? Will annoy me as the up is completely rattle free and I wanna keep,it that way? Could I have not fitted the drivers side proply? Can you take these out and apply again?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Are they a simple DIY job to fit or will I have to take to a garage? I'm a quite hands on person

·
Registered
705 Posts
Very easy to fit. Slot in the front end, nearest the mirror, and feed into the rubber surround for a few inches. Then slot in the back end and ease into place. If you try to feed-in entirely from the front, you'll find that you can't get the rear edge in.Gently wind the window back up in stages, and then leave for twenty-four hours before moving the windows up or down. This is to allow the rubbers to get used to their new shape.

Nick

·
Registered
47 Posts
How do these perform when the windows are open?
Do they increase wind noise at typical city driving speeds?

Do they actually deflect the air and reduce wind buffetting at typical city driving type speeds?

At higher speeds on main roads I would never have windows open anyway but at these higher speeds is there any noticable increase in wind roar when the windows are shut?

How wouldthese affect fuel consumption?

Allinteresting performance questions.

vup rider

·
Registered
705 Posts
I don't drive in cities so I can't answer those questions.I have noticed that when opening the windows to swipe my building pass, I don't get as many drips coming into the car when it's raining.
As for driving in the country, I haven't driven with the windows open for many years (StreetKa excepted where, with the roof down, it was noisy), so actually opening them whilst driving my up! has been a pleasant experience, though I would only open them slightly to allow fresh air in. And this is for gentle pottering speeds, below 50mph.
On main roads, I always have Radio 4 on, so I can't tell if there's been any increase in noise after fitting them.

Nick

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Do they suit the car and is water wagons a ok place to buy from? It's just I don't buy off the Internet often so I'm wary where I buy from

1 - 19 of 19 Posts