Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got my VW UP on the 3rd July... <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
About 2 weeks ago whilst washing my car I noticed there was water on the inside of the driver's sideback window, it's a 3 door car so the window doesn't open,
I booked my car in to have water tests and to get the window resealed.. However it's not been that simple..
I need a whole new window new roof lining as its water stained,underneath my car was soakingand if this doesn't resolve the issue the garage said I will need to order a new up! :(

The problem was that the way the roof lining was placed onto the car a little sponge bit was sealed where the window seal is, causing the window to not be sealed properly or something... I'm a girl so not too good on cars ha.

BUT I JUST WANED TO POST THIS MESSAGE SO ALL THE UP OWNERS CAN CHECK FOR WINDOW LEAKS INCASE ITS AMANUFACTURERS FAULT!! SO KEEP AN EYE OUT GUYS! :)

This is what has happened to my car so far :(

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thank you. It's always good to be on the look out for potential problems.

I hope they sort it out quickly for you

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Bekah what garage did you buy from? Riverside?

·
Registered
144 Posts
hope u get the car back very soon. can some one confirm if its a one off problem or a batch problem pls thanx

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys :) however..It's still there a week later...
I hope for everyone else it's just a few that have got leaks hopefully not a manufacturing fault, not too sure but there is 2 or 3 more cars on here with leaking problems, hopefully not

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bugbabe34 said:
Bekah what garage did you buy from? Riverside?
& no i brought it from towcester vw x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bekah you must be really cheesed off ,I have just checked my UP and every thing seems ok ,thank you for sharing that with us hope it all works out for you. UP BLACK collected Aug 1st

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fat spanner said:
Bekah you must be really cheesed off ,I have just checked my UP and every thing seems ok ,thank you for sharing that with us hope it all works out for you.  UP BLACK collected Aug 1st
Yes really really, my dads even worse though as he's a man haha,
but got I touch with the sales manager today ..well my dad did lol
and he's ordering me a new up as they have until next wednesday to fix the problem or I get a new up, so will probably have a new one so got to decide colour and stuff now!
Glad yours is okay thank you

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sorry to hear about the leaking car, bekahb.
Can you tell us a bit more about the replacement policy? Is there a time limit on them repairing the car?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
move up! said:
Sorry to hear about the leaking car, bekahb.
Can you tell us a bit more about the replacement policy? Is there a time limit on them repairing the car?
Hello move up! Urmm I don't think they have a time limit to be honest it's just a good will that they will give me a new up as its not convenient to me not having a car, ifbwhat they're trying now don't work there is nothing else they can do at the garage so it's then got to be sent else where so that could take ages so they said they'll just order me a new car, I think as my car is new it's easier to just get me another, but not to sure sorry

·
Registered
619 Posts
It's great that your garage are offering a replacement, if all else fails. I've read so many horror stories about garages being reluctant, in the extreme, to replace cars that have serious defects.

Anyway I hope you get your car back or, if it can't be fixed, the dealer sticks to his word.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I don't know if it's because my boyfriend works there or what lol but hopefully I won't need a new one &yes they best stick to their word! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts