Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A shot set of photos to show how its done. Also as a thank you to the super fast/qulity service from Tint My Ride in Whitley Bay - Tyne and Wear.

As you can see fitted to the outside, the fitted inside after its cut to shape and heat shrunk

Very interesting to watch for sure.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thank you for a very informative post. The finished product looks very good. It looks as if it needs to be done by a competent person it's certainly not something I would attempt myself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very much so, didn't take long and no marks or bubbles

Roof gets done gloss black tomorrow!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Looks fantastic. I wish i had tints. As it is stuck on, could it be susceptible to tearing? Can you give us a rough idea of cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
40 pound cash only business, 30 for sides (both for 30)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about tears and rips, does anything ever get close to the glass? maybe a dog in boot? open and closing is pretty easy going, i think its a safe easy done service, also 40 pound to replace is pretty good for cost vrs risk. also rear clarity is very good. get it on your wish list!

·
Registered
540 Posts
My UP looks so much better after getting the tints done. + I hate the idea of people being able to see into the car through the rear as the UP tailgate is rather large (after what I've been used to in the past).

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
looks great......mine came with factory tints but if not, i'd have definitely done the same as you........clearly a skilled job best left to the experts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I was quoted £120 from a company but when I turned up he decided he wanted the day off, so i went somewhere else and paid £80 and the 2nd place does tints for other car companies including vw! So you dont really want to pay much more than £100 depending what part of country your in!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts