Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been cleaning my up! and whilst inside the car cleaning the door windows, I noticed that the seal which the windows move through as they go up and down are looking decidedly green, as in green mouldy on the outside edge.... Has anybody else come across this yet and if so what is the cure. I can probably move the mould with a toothbrush and a cleaner of some sort, but what I would like to know is how do I stop it happening again? Would a smear of Vaseline stop it recurring? Vaseline would of course be inclined to smear the glass itself, so has anybody any ideas? It's not a desperate problem of course as I could just keep removing the mould I suppose. Thanks in advance if anybody has a cure....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Blimey... Sorry about that, the heading should read "Windows in Doors" of course. Apologies to any widows out there.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Title corrected.

Nick

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Nick. Some forums don't alter things like that, which is why I posted my second one...

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have had that on other cars.
It might be where you park it rather than the fault of the car.
Is it parked in a dark or shady spot that remains damp or under a tree ?
I remember someone parking a Morris Minor for an extended period in a shady spot and he had mushrooms growing out of the bottom of the window guides !!Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
On our golf, I use a little bleach cleaner in a pot and a little toothbrush, taking care not to touch any paint. Then straight after i give the car a good wash to remove any cleaner. They come up a treat. On ours it seems to be a layer of muck on the rubber that goes green.
I'm not sure about prevention methods though.

My up doesnt suffer from this as it lives in the garage! The poor golf sits outside lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Surely bleach will damage the rubber?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts