Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know how much fluid is in the washer reservoir? I can see the opaque plastic tube that goes down to somewhere... I see nothing in the tube and obviously can't see what is in the container at the end. Can't find anything useful in the manual.

·
Registered
176 Posts
MKB said:
How do you know how much fluid is in the washer reservoir? I can see the opaque plastic tube that goes down to somewhere... I see nothing in the tube and obviously can't see what is in the container at the end. Can't find anything useful in the manual.

Not sophisticated, but I just keep topping it up til it starts to overflow.......

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah i jus top it right up when it gets empty which at the moment is more than once a week!!!! I dont think there is a guage on it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Tada the whole story in two posts!

Another technical issue sorted by the Up forum.

·
Registered
62 Posts
looks like some one will have to devise a gauge for the washer reservoir (like an oil dip stick but made of plastic strip instead of metal strip). The wet markings on the strip will tell you how full the reservoir is. I have some thing like that in the BMW reservoir (even though it has a fluid empty warning light on the dash). One end of the gauge can be attached to the cap so that it can be dipped in to the fluid all the time. To read the level just remove the strip.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I just top mine up once a week, no problem really.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My Nissan QQ had a graduated dipstick, but I found that rather than mess around 'dipping', reading how much was needed, measuring into a jug and filling up, it was easier to simply top-up from a pre-diluted mix in a 5 litre container until full again.
As for 'just keep using it until it runs out', could mean having to pull in to the side of the road because your screen vision is impaired. Whether its a country lane or the M23/M25 that's very bad practice if not downright dangerous.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It works fine for me! But then I hardly ever use those kind of busy roads, 99% of my driving is locally in and around my tiny city.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts