Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently moved to a new house on a busy road.

We've been there for 3 months now, no trouble at all BUT last night/this morning some **** has clipped our NS wing mirror and broken the plastic casing.

Has anyone on the forum had to have the casing/wing mirror replaced? What sort of cost implications are we talking about here?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thats a shame that! I haven't had it done but I'm intrested in buyin 2 for my car. So if you get costs or sorted let us know how much please!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do Ben.

Yeah it's a shame that people nowadays can't take accountability... They must have dashed off.

It was flattened forward this morning and had to bend it back. The internals all seem to work though so hopefully it won't be too much to replace...

·
Registered
532 Posts
With a bit of luck, it's just an easily replaceable piece.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've had a look and a couple of owners have had a broken door mirror casing or the glass smashed. But none have posted on how it was fixed and how much it cost.

Nick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys,

I've noticed no mention of cost or how it was fixed either...

Bizarre. It happens I guess but I'd like an idea of how much people have paid so I'm not ripped off...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers ducatikid,

Unfortunately I don't think I would risk installing the new part myself, as petty as it sounds. I just don't want to damage anything any further.

We have the base Take Up! model so there are no electronics as such in there, it's just the plastic casing (unpainted) that needs replacing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts