Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just now as the car was parked outside my mates some idiot has managed to clip my wing mirror and take smash the glass. The wing mirror itself is fine but the glass is smashed :/ What the chances! Trust my luck.

Does anyone have any info on how much it's gonna cost me to replace? Any other options to buy it from somewhere before I call up my dealer. :)

Many thanks,

mUPpet!

·
Registered
315 Posts
That happened to my last car a FIAT Punto. I was able to get a cheap replacement mirror from one of those shops that sell bits and pieces for cars, although they did have to order it from somewhere or other. All I had to do then was stick it on to the remnants of the old mirror. Not 100% brilliant but it worked fine.

But in the end it is better to take it back to VW and ask. Or phone and ask. I'm afraid it is the luck of the draw.

Mine was damaged by a car coming toward me and he/she didn't move over enough, I was already stopped with wheels in the gutter. It was going too fast and didn't bother to stop. It all happened too quickly to get a number or even a description of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts