Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when I took my partner to the shops I thought it was a little cold in the Up! so I switched on both seat heaters just as a sort of test run. What an asset they are going to be when it gets really cold. We were delighted with them.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Keeping an eye on the av temp round here, probably about 2-3 weeks away from the switch to winter tyres

Agree, seat heaters are Fabby!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I can't wait to get mine and have that luxury! I woke this morn to find frost on the house roofs across from me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My girlfriend is loving the heated seats even when its not cold! I have had a go and they really do get hot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered it as a 190 euro option on the SEAT Mii here (approx.£150).

How do you regulate the temperature actually? Is it just on/off, or is it linked to the main temperature dial?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
three levels....off, one light or two lights

off.....Brrrrrrr
1 light ..........Toasty
2 lights......Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot

·
Registered
114 Posts
Haha, thanks Privatedoc! Judging from some comments I saw, its getting quite hot:

1 light = 1st degree burns
2 lights = 2nd degree burns ;-)

I wonder though if it theoretically could cause minor burns, like some laptop users have when keeping a laptop on their legs for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I don't think you'd leave it on for several hours as, after 15 to 20 minutes, the air con (if installed) would be able to keep the atmosphere inside the car at a reasonable temperature, so the seat heaters could be turned off.

Nick

·
Registered
217 Posts
The 2 lights turns itself down to 1 lights automatically after a while (maybe to avoid overheating). But your back end might not be able to last that long.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Mine didn't this morning, had to bale out and turn it down myself........smouldering buttocks!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mine turns on at 2 lights until I feel comfortable and then turn it down to 1 light. Then turn it off. I think it is intended only as an initial seat warming device and not to be used all the time. Short journeys may be o.k. but on a long trip I don't think you could keep it on without being uncomfortable.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Checked this morning, Turn it on on 2 bars and it automatically goes down to 1 bar after exactly 15 mins....smart!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts