Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a set of 14" steel wheels with winter tyres on ready for winter. Have to say I'm not struck on the choice of 14" wheel covers available so I've been thinking of getting the wheels painted in Candy White to match the car and sourcing a set of centre caps, pref in black.

Can anyone advise which (if any) centre caps might suit? I'm thinking of the type that cover the wheel nuts and centre hub only.

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the black centre caps that are fitted as standard to a Mii S on all black wheels for my winters. When I get home (on holiday currently) I'll check if there is any Seat branding on them. From memory the packaging they came in was multi branded.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just checked a guy who has the same as me on this thread (page 2 for pictures) & the caps are Seat branded.

Not sure if they would sand flat to remove the logo.

Winter wheelsEdited by: mii al

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Al, they look perfect. The Seat logo looks like it is stuck on so I reckon I could peel it off and fit a VW logo in its place.

Gotta love a little project!

Thanks again

Derek

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but they are alloy wheel centre caps. I need the larger centre caps for steel wheels. I think the Seat Mii S items will fit the bill.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'll check when I get home. Thought they were within the moulding rather than stuck on. May need sanding off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Al, I ordered a set yesterday.

I'll either peel off the badges, sand 'em off or just stick a VW badge over them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got around to fitting the winter wheels and tyres today. Really pleased with them.

I had the rims painted white, I then stuck 60 mm domed gel VW badges (from eBay) over the Seat emblem on the Seat Mii wheel covers I bought in the summer.<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Alloys now cleaned and in my VW wheel bags 'till Spring. Before and after pictures below:

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

</img>

·
Registered
252 Posts

Yours looks great, makes ours look a little plain!

·
Registered
43 Posts

I have the Mr Winter Wheels set with Contis but was initially disappointed with the look of the silver original bolts and missing front caps. Quick search on amazon/ebay located nice fake VW wheel nut caps (including larger ones for locking nuts)and some 50mm plain plastic lugs which fit the front wheel hub spaces and form base for fake VW stickers. Oh and a small tin of black enamel to finish off weights etc.. Total cost about £20. links below.

Nut caps

centre lugs

VW stickers

Edited by: caveman

·
Registered
190 Posts
Got around to fitting the winter wheels and tyres today. Really pleased with them.

I had the rims painted white, I then stuck 60 mm domed gel VW badges (from eBay) over the Seat emblem on the Seat Mii wheel covers I bought in the summer.

</img>
Could you tell us where you got the black centre caps from, and a part name/number please?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Holy thread revival Batman... :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts