Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried some on their Up/Citigo/Mii?

Managed to pick up a set of virtually unused Bridgestone A001s from ebay for a bargain so will be putting them on come the colder weather.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes and no. I bought new steel wheels and new winter tyres for my Citigo last summer but guess what? We had an extended Autumn and an early Spring with no Winter in between at all!! There wasn't a flake of snow down here on the South coast. Hopefully El
Niño will do its stuff this year (sadly, projections say that it won't be a strong one) and the Jet Stream will be hovering over the equator so that we can have a proper, freezing cold and snowy winter.

My Toyota Aygo was amazing with winter tyres on the snow with only the lack of ground clearance being a problem. The Mii/Citigo/up! are from the same mould i.e. no power, skinny wheels/tyres so should excel in snowy conditions as long as the electronics don't spoil the fun.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
After 50 plus years of driving in all weathers I am in that happy state of retirement. I have never used winter tyres and have never felt at risk without them. Now if the weather is bad I just don't drive but do have sympathy for those who have to so anything which aids safety in bad conditions must be good. My only reservation is that when equipped with winter tyres there is a possibility to feel invincible so please adapt your driving style in addition to using winter tyres.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robby I'm not far from you in the Tunbridge Wells area and had the same experience - got my other half's Mazda5 onto a set of winters and was eagerly anticipating some snow to try them out but nothing came, in fact there were only a handful of heavy frosts on my commute.

With working 28 miles from home I need something that will at least 'get me home' (very nearly got caught out a few years ago) but I felt I wanted something a little better given that some of the roads I use aren't gritted in the winter. I had a set of snow socks for the last car, which are very effective but they won't fit the Mii. Worry not Beevee, I've been driving long enough (scarily not far off 20 years) and seen enough people stuff it on my commute that to know that no amount of ABS/ESP/TLA/winter tyres can save you from the laws of physics!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Have winters on our Mii (175 65 13 Continental TS800 tyres on steel rims), no snow last winter (Kent too), but they were great in all the standing water we had. I have had winters on our main car for the last 3 years & they are fantastic even on a FWD Mondeo which was far better than my previous car which was a Peugeot 4007 (Mitsubishi Outlander clone) that had 4wd lock, great to get you going, but then a 2 ton sledge when on 19" summer tyres that were standard. It was better on a set of 16" off road tyres, but the Mondeo was better on full winters.
Have socks too, but a pain to keep taking on & off when you get to the cleared A2.Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
134 Posts
Similar location, similar story, 165/70 R14 Conti TS850, excellent on standing water, but I only fitted them on 25th November last year and changed back to summer tyres 3 months/2,300 miles later, but at least I'm prepared for whatever winter throws at us down south!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I drive 1500 miles per year and have about 1.5 miles to work ...

I payed extra for the Goodyear FourSeason tyres (because not available for a high up! as extra).

I would surely buy a winter set of tyres if I drove more. But changing tyres after 500-750 miles???
I have the problem that my tyres get too old before they are worn out ...

Winter tyres make sense because they have another rubber mix which makes them better at low temperatures. Has nothing to with rain or snow. This is an additional reason to put them on. So, winter tyres make sense even in dry but very cold Oxfordshire ...

For Germany visitors during winter:
Pure summer tyres are forbidden in Germany during winter!
You have to have winter or AllSeason tyres on. Otherwise, you have to pay - and get into trouble having a car crash (guilty or not) ...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do 1500 miles in about 5 or 6 weeks. Got the Mii in mid-April when it was on about 12k, now it's well past 17k...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Try the search, there is a good thread on here debating use of winter tyres on the up in the UK

·
Registered
97 Posts
Beevee said:
After 50 plus years of driving in all weathers I am in that happy state of retirement. I have never used winter tyres and have never felt at risk without them. Now if the weather is bad I just don't drive but do have sympathy for those who have to so anything which aids safety in bad conditions must be good. My only reservation is that when equipped with winter tyres there is a possibility to feel invincible so please adapt your driving style in addition to using winter tyres.
<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!-->Oh
dear Beevee, how completely wrong you are and how smug to make such sweeping,
inaccurate statements. Tell me Beevee, have you ever actually driven on
winter tyres in snowy/frosty/winter conditions, at any time during your half
century of never-at-risk driving? Icy/snowy roads makes everyone feel
"at risk" even on winter tyres but at least they give a helping hand
to lower the "at risk" level which obviously can't be a bad
thing? I too have vast experience of driving in all weathers and I have
driven on winter tyres where the grip improvement (traction, cornering
and braking) over summer tyres is nothing short of amazing. There's no
feeling of invincibility but it is comforting to know that I will be able to
stop in a shorter distance than the car in front for example and that the only
thing I will have to keep my eyes open for is the fool behind on summer tyres,
who thinks he doesn't need winter tyres, hasn't adapted his driving style and
runs into the back of me. I have also driven on studded winter tyres here
in the UK and I can tell you from my own experience that they make driving on
sheet ice (where it would be impossible to walk) akin to driving on a wet
road.

Please try some winter tyres in proper snowy/frosty/wintry conditions before
making your proclamations then come back and tell me that you don't need them
after the experience. I realise that this will be almost an impossibility
but please stop telling we enlightened people that we don't need our winter
tyres until you have actually been able to compare summer and winter tyres
directly. Even you will be amazed and
you'll be swallowing your words faster than a child trying to down a table spoon
of Castor Oil in one go, before he/she can taste it!<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:punctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="false" DefSemi="false" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="371">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Normal Indent"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="footnote text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="annotation text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="er"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="footer"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index ing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="table of figures"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="envelope address"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="envelope return"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="footnote reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="annotation reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="line number"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="page number"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="endnote reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="endnote text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="table of authorities"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="macro"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toa ing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Closing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Signature"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Text Indent"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Message er"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Salutation"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Date"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Text First Indent"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Text First Indent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Note ing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Text 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Text 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Text Indent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Text Indent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Block Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Hyper"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="FollowedHyper"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" "/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Plain Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="E-mail Signature"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Top of "/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Bottom of "/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Normal Web"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Acronym"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Address"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Cite"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Code"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Definition"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Keyboard"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Preatted"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" le"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" r"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name=" Variable"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Normal Table"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="annotation subject"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="No List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Outline List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Outline List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Outline List 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Simple 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Simple 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Simple 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table ic 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table ic 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table ic 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table ic 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Colorful 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Colorful 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Colorful 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table 3D effects 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table 3D effects 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table 3D effects 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Contemporary"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Elegant"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Professional"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Subtle 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Subtle 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Web 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Web 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Web 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Balloon Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Theme"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Semi="true" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Semi="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="41" Name="Plain Table 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="42" Name="Plain Table 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="43" Name="Plain Table 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="44" Name="Plain Table 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="45" Name="Plain Table 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="40" Name="Grid Table Light"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 6"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:107%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

<!-->

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have read and reread my post and can't see where I have said you don't need to use winter tyres. I think what I was trying to say was for maximum safety use winter tyres and adapt your driving to suit the conditions.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Hede,

we had 8°C this morning in Germany, 17°C max during the day.
Loads of rain tomorrow ...
I realy think of using my new autumn/winter jacket for the first time tomorrow ...

I drive less 4000 km (2500 miles) a year. About 2.5 km (1.6 miles) to work.
So I payed extra four four-season tyres on my high up! (only available via VW for move up!s here).

We have a big tree near our company where birds assemble before flying to the South.
Today, there were Hundreds of birds in the tree and it way as loud as in the Hitchcock movie ...
So, I think we will have an early and long winter ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 30 km to work and 550 km to our holliday house singel trip. Visite the house 2 times since june but in the winter we will take our other car with awd. Have a trailer to the snowsledge and Up can't take that

·
Registered
21 Posts
After the election in Sweden the green party is big in Stockholm so i guess studded wintertires will be forbidden on more streets so I orderd the best wintertires without studd after reading a lot of test in different magazines. Winner in Sweden is also from Nokian. My car is now running on 175/65-14 Hakkapeliitta R2. Leagel but the right dimesion is 165/70-14 for Up i think. The rims are Dezent RE

·
Registered
303 Posts
if you drive summer tires in cold conditions (1c or lower), you should be done for dangerous driving.

the rubber hardens, and when you have to do an emergency stop you will skid.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
tom said:
if you drive summer tires in cold conditions (1c or lower), you should be done for dangerous driving.

the rubber hardens, and when you have to do an emergency stop you will skid.
Would the same apply to those driving on winter tyres when the temperature is above 7 degrees.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I drive less1000 miles a year ...

My extra payed Goodyear FourSeason tyres feel good so far.

In Germany it is forbidden to have summer tyres in winter - and I think this is a good law.
You should at least have all season tyres - even in England (in parts of Scottland and Wales it is more important) ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts