Up Owners Club banner

361 - 380 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
The original bolts do fit but there might be an issue fitting the plastic cover. See my older post below:

.... As a side note the original aluminium wheels are fitted with one anti theft lock nut each which is too big to put the cover on. I still need to buy four separate bolts M12 x 1.5 26mm and replace them. Not a problem but good to have them ready when fitting the wheels.

·
Registered
61 Posts
As I sold my Gti at end of February I still have the winter wheels and tyres. Pics on here somewhere. Sparco 16 inch Trofeo 4 in bronze with Hankook i’cept tyres. They were only fitted just before Christmas, so doubt they did even close to 1k miles. Tyres were £267, wheels were nearer £450 ish, they’re on demon tweeks still, which is where I got them. One wheel has a very small mark, I need to clean and get some pics. Open
to sensible offers, collection preferred. Otherwise they’ll just sit with the big pile of Corrado alloys.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks @Stabilisator.
That means I can at least get them on, worry about looks and security later :)

I am very, very tempted to get the wheels redone in white, look so good (to me) on a red car.

Does anyone know whether centre caps are available for the Alcar wheels?
Doh, I see you've, er, covered this!

·
Registered
62 Posts
As I sold my Gti at end of February I still have the winter wheels and tyres. Pics on here somewhere. Sparco 16 inch Trofeo 4 in bronze with Hankook i’cept tyres. They were only fitted just before Christmas, so doubt they did even close to 1k miles. Tyres were £267, wheels were nearer £450 ish, they’re on demon tweeks still, which is where I got them. One wheel has a very small mark, I need to clean and get some pics. Open
to sensible offers, collection preferred. Otherwise they’ll just sit with the big pile of Corrado alloys.
Would like to see some pics! On the car if possible too. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fitted. Not much but enough caliper clearance.
From tyreleader Steel wheels with winter tyres (LK 4 x 100.00 x 57.00)Goodyear UltraGrip 9+ M+S marking 185/55 R15 82TVW CORRADO G60 53 I 1781ccm 118 kW 09.1987-08.1991

10 minute check in less than ideal conditions (i.e.warm!). Understeers a bit but rides much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Some on page 24 of this thread, towards end of December. Never got that many pics as only kept it for two months after that

·
Registered
203 Posts
Fitted. Not much but enough caliper clearance.
From tyreleader Steel wheels with winter tyres (LK 4 x 100.00 x 57.00)Goodyear UltraGrip 9+ M+S marking 185/55 R15 82TVW CORRADO G60 53 I 1781ccm 118 kW 09.1987-08.1991

10 minute check in less than ideal conditions (i.e.warm!). Understeers a bit but rides much better.
Will the callipers not run the risk of hitting the wheel (with a large destructive impact) when you go over a large kerb or hit something more lumpy than a three day dead pheasant?

It seems like running very close to the wind.

I can't imagine what would smash, if stationary caliper hits a rotating wheel at 60mph

·
Registered
43 Posts
Will the callipers not run the risk of hitting the wheel (with a large destructive impact) when you go over a large kerb or hit something more lumpy than a three day dead pheasant?

It seems like running very close to the wind.

I can't imagine what would smash, if stationary caliper hits a rotating wheel at 60mph
I can only go by others who have fitted these and report success.
If I die in a fiery ball I'll be sure to report :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for some assistance re the Steel Wheel option - I have a set of Steel Wheels (357 601 025M) and purchased the black centre caps from VW Heritage (871601171) but they don't fit at all - dont align so confused as thought it would be a direct fit! Does anyone know what black centre cap fits / part no? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looking for some assistance re the Steel Wheel option - I have a set of Steel Wheels (357 601 025M) and purchased the black centre caps from VW Heritage (871601171) but they don't fit at all - dont align so confused as thought it would be a direct fit! Does anyone know what black centre cap fits / part no? Any help appreciated.
Depending on the type you have you may have replace the locking bolts with standard ones to allow them to fit

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looking good. Hope you like them, cos if you don't I'll feel guilty :grin:
Drove it round the Block, who needs Bilsteins with these on.
Mudflaps are to slow me down :angel:

Thanks again John for all the Help

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine with the wife's old standard Tsi alloys on for winter with the original 15" Continentals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Appreciate reply Alz. I bought new bolts due to previous thread. Issue is before I even try bolts - when I place the black cap over the centre of the wheel the wholes are offset and cap risen. I thought the black wheel cap would be a snug fit but just doesn’t work. Just wonder how everyone else has managed to get them to fit!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just checked this afternoon, to see whether a 17 yr old set of unused 15in Fox 4x100 alloys , go on my Gti.
The calliper clearance is a bit too close for comfort, they do go on, and you can just about see daylight between calliper and rim, but I am not risking it.

I recon when the alloy warms up during driving, the calliper will rub under heavy braking.

At least they fit our Vw Lupo, so it looks like they will remain in the garage another decade or so.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Alpins and Sparcos went back on last weekend and having some tic after the front badge got taken out on the M40 so having its winter detail.

Not increasing the ride height this year as have the Jimny, Alpins are 205 45 r 16 as I still want a decent footprint given the limited amount of snow.

361 - 380 of 387 Posts