Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the alloys are back on, I forgot how much these suit the car.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
looking Good!, mine going back on next weekend I reckon (after my 40k service)

·
Registered
386 Posts
I dohave to agree with you guys, the Classicslook amazing on an Up.

And as they are my winterpackage I'm a bit reluctant to put my summerpackage back on

·
Registered
540 Posts
I really like my spoke alloys but ****, looking at this forum every day has made me want so many more things :(

That UP! black looks very tidy indeed.Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
333 Posts
I must admit, the shine on your car ,and the picture ,just look Fantastic ,nearly makes me jealous ,.
phill,

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Well, put my classics back on last weekend and got a lovely big nail in the bloody sidewall this weekend.....new tyre time!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
185 50 16 v.Roughly £100 a corner fitted , better get two as only 4mm on them! Ouch

·
Registered
149 Posts
Privatedoc said:
185 50 16 v.Roughly £100 a corner fitted , better get two as only 4mm on them! Ouch
Black Circles have Kumhos at £67.15 each fitted in that size

www.blackcircles.com

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Conti sport contacts fitted. £200. Ouch

·
Registered
149 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Conti sport contacts fitted. £200. Ouch
Ouch indeed.

Conti sport contacts have huge levels of grip so you can corner on rails.
I had a Mercedes A class and replaced my front Continental eco contacts with Continental sport contacts but only got 10000 miles out of them ( I used to get 18k out of the eco contacts) Great levels of grip though.

My civic gave me 24500 out of the first set of Bridgestone ER300 when I changed the fronts last year. Pleased with that ( that's when I used www.blackcircles.com)

Nice to see you lavish money on your up!
Shows you love it.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I do such a big mileage that brakes, tyres etc are a small price to pay for safety.....I just think to myself that when I had the GL merc, 4 tyres cost £1300 and it cost £150 to fill the tank!....£100 a corner for premium rubber is a bargain imho

1 - 14 of 14 Posts