Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, if the wipers are on and you stop at traffic lights etc, do they automatically switch to the setting below until you pull away again? Ie from full to intermittent.
Our golf had this and was quite helpful...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Rednaxela said:
Quick question, if the wipers are on and you stop at traffic lights etc, do they automatically switch to the setting below until you pull away again? Ie from full to intermittent.
Our golf had this and was quite helpful...
Not that I have noticed. Also the back wipers are not continuous, they sweep for a while, then stop, then start again. I wish it was continuous, though it is a minor thing. The user controls for the wipers are good, very logical.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The back wipers sweep for a while when you use the wash, and then sweep once every few seconds like the front intermittent.... Standard on VW's, my Scirocco is the same...

·
Registered
55 Posts
The back wiper also sweeps once if your front wipers are engaged and you put the car in reverse! I think that's a nice little touch..

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
interesting to know :)

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Front wipers go onto lower setting when stopped in traffic.
Rear Wiper only has an intermittent sweep every few seconds unless you have used the wash.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gary02tdi said:
Front wipers go onto lower setting when stopped in traffic.
Rear Wiper only has an intermittent sweep every few seconds unless you have  used the wash.
Excellent !

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just glad to hear they are logical because on the Lupo they are anything but!!

Down once intermitant then back to up twice for on!

·
Registered
677 Posts
WOW i never noticed this, I read this post the other day, was raining yesterday so I tried it out, and the wipers go down a speed when you stop!!

..... i wonder if my polo had this .... ???

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
And if you push the right hand lever down, it squirts the front window, and then automatically gives it a wipe or two. There are quite a few nice little touches like that on this car, suggesting that it has been thought through (and probably easy to do with modern electronic controllers).

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks for the info, I had not noticed this feature. They don't spell this sort of thing out in the manual. Well, perhaps they do but who reads the manual anyway?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts