Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to start a new thread as our 5 door has jumped forward 5 weeks...was wk 43 , now confirmed wk 38 (17th sep)

anyone else a wk 38??

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
587 Posts
I am build week 37, they say from build week 38 they are putting on square wheels and removing all 5 doors to aid interior cooling

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
AlanG said:
No, I'm week 36!
Na Na Na-Na Nah!  
You'll get yours way before me though. I've agreed a handover date of Saturday 3 November because it suits me.

I know you're following the GT news very closely. Can you start a sticky thread that keeps us all up to date on all things GT related?

Thanks Doc - in anticipation!Edited by: AlanG

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would love a GT sticky thread but I'm not a moderator, just a punter! Happy to help if admin deems it ok though

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Would love a GT sticky thread but I'm not a moderator, just a punter! Happy to help if admin deems it ok though
And in the meantime, is Mrs PrivateDoc as excited about getting her Up! as you were - or is a car just a box on wheels to the Mrs? Perhaps you could invite her to make a special guest posting on the matter?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, she is pretty excited...giving up a Mercedes A160 diesel auto....85 hp and twice the weight.....wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding and 0-60mph over the bank holiday weekend!

She hates forums/twitter/Facebook etc ...however makes up for it on online shopping!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've still no build week. I now hate the scots.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I may have changed my mind, as build week confirmed. strangely the webby doesn't give you a build week. I now think all customers who bought 5 doors may have helped towards the batch for angleterre. Please take care of my car my Slovakian friends!

Amended due to error.
Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's coming from Slovakia, not Slovenia. Slovakia decided to break away from Czechoslovakia in the early 90s, creating the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic, aka Slovakia. It's to the north-east of Austria.

Slovenia was part of the former Yugoslavia and is to the south of Austria.

Nick

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Indeed... They are built in Bratislava factory, along with the:

SEAT Mii

Škoda Citigo

VW Touareg
Audi Q7
Porsche Cayenne

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shame they fitted an up white to my candy white petrol flap rather than a touareg to it

That mistake I wouldn't have minded

PS Pure white flap being fitted tomorrow!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Collas said:
It's coming from Slovakia, not Slovenia. Slovakia decided to break away from Czechoslovakia in the early 90s, creating the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic, aka Slovakia. It's to the north-east of Austria.

Slovenia was part of the former Yugoslavia and is to the south of Austria.

Nick

Great apologies to anyone I might have offended. I know exactly where the car is built having google earthed the factory. I am well aware of the differences and getting the country wrong is thoughtless.

Thanks Nick for pointing this error out and giving me the chance to apologise.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
STILL HAVEN'T FORGIVEN THE COMMENT ABOUT SCOTS THOUGH!!!

actually, I have ...just pulling your leg mate!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm a Scotophile, daughter lives in Edinburgh and has also lived in Glasgow. She studied architecture at the Edinburgh College of Art and has volunteered at Pollok House in Glasgow.

I enjoyed my holidays in Glasgow. Almost doorstep to hotel on the train.

CRM fan.

My dealer has now confirmed week 38. Weeeee.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My dealer confirmed week 36, but then when I checked the order through the VW website, I noticed they had the wrong model, I had ordered a BMT but they had a normal high up, so they had to cancelled the order and put a new one. This time I checked it and is the right car with the right options, but they told me week 41. But yesterday I got an email that the order has been pushed forward to week 37, and is now confirmed. So one week added to the waiting for me. Is it 4 weeks from the built week that we get the cars delivered at the dealer?Edited by: GPVG26

·
Registered
532 Posts
Roughly 4 weeks it would seem. It depends on transporter use/availabilityand a few other issues. There are quite a few experiences on the forum. My dealer is hoping week 42 from 38 build.

·
Registered
265 Posts
After not hearing anything for a while, I popped in to see the dealer today. He confirmed a week 38 build (although he didn't call it that, just said w/c 16th). He said on average 2 weeks from build to dealer, so if I'm lucky handover may sneak into September, but more likely first week or two of October

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well, is now week 37 and still the VW tracking shows build week confirmed. So I don't know. I know is not the most accurate system. But would like to see being built now, lol......

1 - 20 of 56 Posts