Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered yesterday but I assume that the dealer hasn't put forward the order itself yet, so there's still time to make minor amendments to the purchase.

Been reading through the forum all evening and wondering about the different packs. The up I've ordered is the high up with the sports pack, but do you think the sound pack is worth it? I'll certainly be investing in an SD card (due to the issues with bluetooth and what not and the fact that people seem to have trouble connecting an iPad which is where I store my music on the go), but just wondering if it's really worth the extra £100 I'd need to pay out (in the grand scheme of things, £100 isn't really that much but I like to account for the worth of every piece of expenditure).

Thanks for any replies :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
IMHO yes, because the standard stereo is pretty mediocre in terms of quality so any improvement is worthwhile. I'd gladly pay and extra £2 a month for a better sound at this stage!

Wish I'd checked it out before hand, but with many dealers only having a single Up in stock it would've been hard to confirm.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I did a side by side comparison and the sound pack is worth the money if I had the option to have one I would have bought one Edited by: Ian986

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ye I'd say so! Don't know why they didn't do it as standard tbh! But if you don't get it or its to late theres a very good detailed thread on here on how to do it yourself and maybe you could get a better speaker than the vw 1s.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers for the reply, folks. I'll call the dealer up later this afternoon and see what's what, but if not, Will defnitely take a look at seeing what I can do myself once it's delivered (cheers for the tip ben).

·
Registered
587 Posts
A resounding yes, standard speaker setup is awful and would cost you more than £100 to have a better setupprofessionallyfitted. I have done a DIY job on my Take up! with some £20 two way speakers and the difference with even budget speakers is night and day.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Get it! The demo I drove didn't have it - ticked the box after listening to the standard setup, it's a tad on the poor side.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Get it, 2 reasons, one, the improvement is pretty good and two the wiring is there for future upgrades etc (no wiring if not specced so not easy to upgrade)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just called the dealer to arrange but the guy I spoke to is busy so will call me back.

Reading this forum also prompted me to ask about the alloys and the white VW symbol. I want it in black as the car is red and the interior is black and white will just look odd.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dealer has added the sound pack on for me, but was confused when I asked about the black VW insignia on the triangle alloy. Well have to do more research on that and find out...

EDIT: I remember reading a thread on here where someone was talking about the black triangle alloy but for the life of me I can't remember where it was. Ill keep searching, but in the meantime if anyone has a fresh memory of the URL could you post it here/PM it me please? Much appreciated!Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I don't actually know for sure, but are the coloured centre caps not just for the classic wheel? I'm sure someone with the triangle alloys can verify.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great news that you were able to add the Sound Pack

As for the alloys, they're shipped with white centre caps which don't really suit any colour car other than white, so folks have ordered black ones. Linky

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the reply guys. done a bit of background and you're right; white as standard, need to purchase the black separately. Darn.

I'll have to wait till I get some more $$$ back in the bank account but I will definitely order some in. Red and Black is a classic combination, the white will just look...well...odd. But whatever, I can live with it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The black center caps definatley fit the triangle alloys as I have them on my up. When I ordered them the car took 4 months and the black wheel caps took 5 months to arrive.

This was partly down to VW not letting them order the caps until the VIN had been allocated to my car.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts