Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that at £22500 it is a clear 12- 14k dearer than its petrol counterpart. Even driven to its theoretical maximum every day and charged up at work I estimate that it would take over five years to get that back - and that hasnt factored in the cost of the batteries and I assume after over 100, 000 miles they would need swapping. You would have to be seriously 'green' to commit to that...

....or have I missed something?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think you're right ...

It is "too early" except you are "very green" or use it as a company car ...

Germany had the first "green movement" in Europe I think?
When people from England visited me in 1994 they were amazed about some "German behaviours". But Germany has also always been "the land of the free" (car drivers). So, our government did a lot to befenfit the famous German brands and their big cars. So, we (Germany) hindered a lot of progress in the EU.

Maybe we will have some cheap e-cars by Mercedes, BMW, Audi soon?
They will need these cheap cars as a balance for their polution monsters.
This might make other e-cars cheaper?

I haven't ordered my up! yet.
But I will surely buy an "edition blue" 60 PS (hp) model.
This already fullfills the standard new cars shall have in 2020!

That's my way of thinking green ...

·
Registered
587 Posts
When they are currently selling Leafs for 10k at the moment the eUp is way too expensive and not viable. Much better derv cars that make much better financial sense and hold their value much better. Electric car residuals are worse than a petrol car.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I remember the first CD-Players, first "mobile"phones (big & heavy) and how expensive my first computer with an incredible 256 colours graphic card was.

When I bought my first own VW Polo I searched for the choke!

No choke anymore?

E-cars will become much cheaper and the battery much more comfortable ...

I could imagine driving an E-car - but never an E-motorbike ...

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'd have one if I lived in London for doodling round town.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the price was right - meaning cheaper than a regular Up!

No, only electric car I'd ever buy was a Tesla - and only if I lived in the states where such a car is attainable without being a millionaire -_-

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi where do you buy a new Nissan Leaf for 10K? - interesting.....................

·
Registered
251 Posts
I drove an electric Citroen AX years ago and the acceleration up to about 15mph was phenomenal. But how much time do you spend at less than 15mph? And then there's the question of range and recharging at other people's houses, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts